Stainless Gear Set for 113H

Started by redsetta, January 09, 2012, 12:09:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dobrobill

Hey guys, did any thing ever come of 113h stainless being ordered?

broadway

Still working on it... Not as easy as one would think. At least to get them at a fair price and precise.
I'll keep all posted on the progress. Sit tight! ;)
Thanks
Dom

Keta

I'd think your minor weather problem did not help.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

erikpowell

If they do come through.... please sign me up for two sets !
Vinaka !

dobrobill

Thanks and please do keep me posted.  I just orded the other items needed from Alan..

broadway

You couldn't be more right, Lee!
Also, these guys must be doing well because a quote takes over 5 weeks from all manufacturers except one, so far :-\
I'll keep yas informed!
Thanks
Dom

Robert Janssen

What are the gear specs you are sending out enquiries on?

Just wondering.

I made a set for the 115 a couple of months ago.

Alto Mare

Are you just teasing us with those Mr Janssen...as usual, or would you be willing to offer them the members here?
Just wondering.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Robert Janssen

Quote from: Alto Mare on November 16, 2012, 05:15:58 PM
Are you just teasing us with those Mr Janssen...as usual, or would you be willing to offer them the members here?
?????

As previously explained when this subject was up previously, I only do things that interest me. If it were only for money, i would probably want a lot of it.

The gears for the 115 were only for the sake of completing a reel i really care very little about.

Really, i was curious as to why it seems so difficult to find someone who can make these for you.

Joel.B

I talked with an AMerican who lives in CHina- a manufacturing liaison if you will.

He asked for a set of gears but I gave him links to Accurate and Newell pictures instead and asked if he could start there, he said he could try.  I got a couple emails back in Chinese, I sent them to be translated, one of them said they could do just the main gear it for $6 each if I pre-order 10,000 of them. "Best top quality for American male standards" , so we got that going for us.....

Alto Mare

Quote from: Robert Janssen on November 16, 2012, 05:35:21 PM
Just wondering.
?????
As previously explained when this subject was up previously, I only do things that interest me. If it were only for money, i would probably want a lot of it.
The gears for the 115 were only for the sake of completing a reel i really care very little about.
Really, i was curious as to why it seems so difficult to find someone who can make these for you.
Gotcha!
Since you care very little about that reel, let me know if you are ever going to part with it.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Joel.B

Quote from: Robert Janssen on November 16, 2012, 05:35:21 PM
Just wondering.

?????

Mr.Janssen, if you know someone who could make these for us at a reasonable price- can you help us out?  I think the problem is that many of us are tight on funds and dont have expertise or tooling as you do- we have to pay people to make them for us, and as you said regarding money- they too want a lot of it.

Keta

It's not that we can't find a gear shop that will make them it's high minimun numbers.  Can will you cut gear stock that we can then finish off on a standard lathe?

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Joel.B

Quote from: Keta on November 16, 2012, 05:55:45 PM
It's not that we can't find a gear shop that will make them it's high minimun numbers.  Can will you cut gear stock that we can then finish off on a standard lathe?

Ooh I like this idea.  It seams that the pinion gear is a bit tricky though

Keta

Mark Twain