EatMyTackle H346

Started by PacRat, June 16, 2021, 10:50:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wompus Cat

Got a reply on Fathers Day to my request for parts availabilty and country of Manufacture  from the Company an I was impressed to get ANYTHING back in less than a week or two everyone else takes or refers you to another dept.\

So they may be Junk as I have not gotten mine yet but still they at least care enough to talk to ya.....

Here it is

Hello,

Sorry for the delayed response, I was out of the office Friday. 

I'll see what I can do to get the parts you requested tomorrow.  I have some available, but may need to order more depending on qty and such.  These reels, as well as 90% of everything else in our store, are manufactured at a factory located in Shenyang, China.  Some seem to be put off by goods manufactured overseas, but we've been in business with our manufacturer for over 20 years now and make sure everything we sell is of high quality. I'm glad you were impressed with the internals and please just let me know if there's anything more I can do for you!

-Carson, Eat My Tackle
If a Grass Hopper Carried a Shotgun then the Birds wouldn't MESS with Him

RowdyW

I got mine today. I ordered it with blue 80# braid but it seems to have come with some sort of invisible line.  :o  ;D I can't seem to find the end to tie a hook on. I even emailed them twice to verify that they will spool it with blue 80# braid. They said it was. DUH!

philaroman

is it The Emperor's New Braid?  ;D  ;D  ;D

PacRat

When I ordered mine braid wasn't even on the menu...now I'm glad that I ordered with 30 lb mono. The invisible braid is just too hard to tie with my tired eyes.

-Mike

Wompus Cat

Just got in and mine arrived Today also .
Box says 55 lbs/ Max Drag .
Has Purty BLUE 80 Pound Braid and I can see it Reel Good. :o

Wompus Cat

Have it partially torn down and found a Few Flaws as well as a Few ATTABOY's.
I see potential problems in future with the Plastic Frame and end plates however they are well reinforced with the Wide Bars and Metal ones plus has inner and outer Metal Rings to help as well but don't think they will fair well in prolonged sunlight over time ........
Has adjustable Bearing's in Both Side plates and Had to Tweak mine a bit to get rid of the spool rubbing on the Handle side which was making a clicking sound in Free Spool . Don't care for the plastic spacer for Drag adjustment.
The Free Spool Lever is too hard to move in my opinion an I am going to see if I can take some pressure off the springs and maybe lubricate the sliding metal pieces with a better Grease.
All of the  (Self Tapping Phillips Head screws  ) holding  the inner Rings  to the Frame were disturbingly LOOSE and some took 3 or 4  full turns to bottom out against the ring .

Nice Light Spool ,Nice Handle , Well made Gears.
Could have been Lubricated better.
Not sure about the Brake shoe disc combination drag system but it looks impressive.

Overall except for a small dent  in one of the outer Rings with the Box ,Schematic,Wrench,Custom Cover, FREE 80lb. Blueish Braid, and FREE Shipping  I think it is a pretty GOOD DEAL and Time will of course be the True Test in how this Frame and Drag Holds up for sure .

RowdyW

Yeah, to much plastic. I wonder how long the plastic stand will last. It looks like the injection molding machine was working overtime. On the parts list it looks like the only way to get a replacement stand is to buy a complete frame assembly. It looks like that will be neccessary anyway because of the self tapping screws & the use of plastic. It looks like a cheap K Mart type reel. Not worth the price tag even with the discounts. A curiosity at most. Also the drag ramps up to quick.

Wompus Cat

Quote from: RowdyW on June 23, 2021, 01:17:41 PM
Yeah, to much plastic. I wonder how long the plastic stand will last. It looks like the injection molding machine was working overtime. On the parts list it looks like the only way to get a replacement stand is to buy a complete frame assembly. It looks like that will be neccessary anyway because of the self tapping screws & the use of plastic. It looks like a cheap K Mart type reel. Not worth the price tag even with the discounts. A curiosity at most. Also the drag ramps up to quick.

Well you really won't need to mess with the plastic and self tapping screws to service the Reel and on the Drag I am going to  do a little polishing on the bottom of the main gear (it has some rough places ) then make a steel  bushing (Spacer) instead of Plastic use some Cal's on the discs to see if that will help .
You are Right on about the Drag !

The Fine Threaded  should finesse a little better increasing Drag.

One more lil detail .On the Bottom of the Gearside Plate is a Hole to allow water to drain out.
I still ain't figured out what the Hell EATMY means in Manderin ,
Maybe GOTCHA ?

Wompus Cat

Quote from: philaroman on June 21, 2021, 11:46:19 PM
is it The Emperor's New Braid?  ;D  ;D  ;D

Just Hit Me ...........roflmao

PacRat

"I wonder how long the plastic stand will last."
I just double-checked mine and the base is definitely metal. It looks just like the old Newell bases but without the black paint.

I was really hoping these would be compatible with Tiburon frames but that's not the case. Some of the bridge parts may be compatible. The shift lever seems very close to a Newell 500 series lever but might need the hole to be opened up a little. According to the parts list the screws and threads are metric so that might flow over to the gearsleeve and all related threaded components like the drag-star and handle nut (I didn't have time to try them). The keyed washers and handle do fit a Newell gear sleeve. I also did not have time to check the bridge (hole spacing and center-to-center for the gearsleeve and pinion).

It's not a bad reel but it is also not  a Newell. It does share a lot of common design elements.

-Mike

Wompus Cat

I've been doing a little TWEAKING and got the Drag working much Smoother and the Free Spool Lever engagement much easier and no Scraping .
There are two washers missing on mine between the Star and the Handle which would put tension on the star to keep it from moving  :( .  

How bout yours Mike,Rowdy ?
I did not see them in Mike's Tear Down?

Here I found some Rough Edges and Filed and finished with 2000 Sand paper

Bent this spring to take some of heavy pressure off the lever for Free Spool

Found the Bottom of Main Gear Rough so sanded and polished a bit .Also neither of the friction disc had any kind of drag grease so I put an ample supply of Cal's on them .

After filing the rough edges of the obvious Stamped piece I put some good ol Chasis Grease on the pieces and reassembled

I also took these springs out and replaced them with some I made from Ballpoint Pens .Much less Tension !

Back together and has SMOOTH DRAG Control all through the Range plus the Free Spool Lever is easier to move and doesn't grind .Added the Space Age TSI oil in the Bearings and it seems to be as Smooth as a Frogs Butt!!

RowdyW

Your handle arm is on backwards.  ;D  Mine is missing the same 2 washers.

Wompus Cat

Quote from: RowdyW on June 24, 2021, 12:49:48 AM
Your handle arm is on backwards.  ;D

Absolutely ,with my knuckles I put them on this away. ;D

Here I fixed it  ;D

Wompus Cat

Quote from: Rowdy,W on June 24, 2021, 12:49:48 AM
Your handle arm is on backwards.  ;D  Mine is missing the same 2 washers.

They have the parts I asked about earlier in this thread and are going to send them to me and I e-mailed them back for price and  I asked them for the washers. Have  not heard back yet

RowdyW

I sent them an email for the 2 washers too. I guess I should order some spare parts too. What handle arm did you use as a replacement? I tried a 113H arm the length of the hole is a snug fit but the width is very sloppy.  ::)