EatMyTackle H346

Started by PacRat, June 16, 2021, 10:50:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wompus Cat

Quote from: RowdyW on June 30, 2021, 01:10:39 PM
I just heard back from EMT. They don't have any replacement bases. They will take a return. I'm just debating whether to file the foot narrower or return it. I see that parts availability is going to be a problem even with a new reel.

I have some spare parts coming from them. Drag assembly, a couple of Fiber Washers, and hopefully the Missing Washers .
I bet  the Feet per say are Available  just not smaller Profiles like you need to fit your Rods.
With the Short profile I would not try to Modify the foot to fit as that would certainly Kill your chances of returning it I would think .
I don't work for them nor am their Rep in any fashion but I am in For the Gauntlet. Just sumpin to do ....lol

I would honor my offer to send you a Rod which will work at  no chingaladas just pay the Return of My Shipping Tube) ( as I have a few  older Rods I won't be using )  and have been more than Rewarded through the OHANA here in the past) or just send it back like they said you could . I don't blame you a bit .
I hate to see you cut out on the Reel as it will leave just me and PacRat in the  Cheapo Chino Reelo Clubo  :(
and when he finds out the Rod Fit Prob ?????????

If a Grass Hopper Carried a Shotgun then the Birds wouldn't MESS with Him

RowdyW

The only way to get another foot is to purchase the complete frame assembly. None of the frame parts are sold seperately.

PacRat

I have one rod that this reel fits. It's an old 1990's SeaStalker Yellowtail Special That I typically fish with a Newell or Penn. At this point I think I'll file the foot on the EMT so that it will fit just about any rod. I think I'll hold off until I do a complete pre-use service. I'll post photos and dimensions when I do this.

They accidentally spooled this with 20 lb mono and I didn't catch it until it started eating line. They said they would send me new line but I'll have to strip the 20 (and there's 550 yards of it!) I'm concerned that the 80 lb braid might do the same thing but I'll just put a heavy top-shot on it.

-Mike

RowdyW

Mike, it seems like just 1/16" has to be removed from each side & a slight rounding off of the upper edges. At least the stand & clamp are aluminum not plastic even if they are just cast aluminum.       Rudy

nelz

With all this going on, what makes you guys want to keep this reel? Is there something unusually appealing about it?

PacRat

Curiosity killed the cat...someone had to be first. Carl Newell set the bar high. I was hoping there would be more cross-compatibility with Newell. Could you imagine all the possibilities if this were compatible with Tiburon frames and Newell spools or if the drop-out bridges and gears could interchange? The 'Triple Thruster Drag' is intriguing but hasn't been proven yet. I intend to dial it in as well as it can be and see where it goes from there.

-Mike

Wompus Cat

Quote from: nelz on July 01, 2021, 05:09:37 AM
With all this going on, what makes you guys want to keep this reel? Is there something unusually appealing about it?

I bought one cuz PacRat showed it torn down and I liked the looks .
Plus it is Purdy and has a Purdy girlie Picture on the Box.
That's what I live for is Purdy Fishing Reels and Purdy Girlie Pictures and larnin to Speak Mandarin so I can order parts for it  ;D

RowdyW

Quote from: Wompus Cat on July 01, 2021, 12:26:18 PM
Quote from: nelz on July 01, 2021, 05:09:37 AM

I bought one cuz PacRat showed it torn down and I liked the looks .
Plus it is Purdy and has a Purdy girlie Picture on the Box.
That's what I live for is Purdy Fishing Reels and Purdy Girlie Pictures and larnin to Speak Mandarin so I can order parts for it  ;D
Me too.. What he said...      ;D  ;D  ;D

nelz

Quote from: Wompus Cat on July 01, 2021, 12:26:18 PMThat's what I live for is Purdy Fishing Reels and Purdy Girlie Pictures and larnin to Speak Mandarin so I can order parts for it  ;D

ROFL, you are too much man. I can relate, I shoulda known the girlie pic was involved.  ;D

RowdyW

[/quote]

I hate to see you cut out on the Reel as it will leave just me and PacRat in the  Cheapo Chino Reelo Clubo  :(

[/quote]Well I'm now a lifetime member of the Cheapo Chino Reelo Clubo.  I ground down the feet on the stand with a grinding wheel in my battery power drill. I used a Tiburon foot for a pattern. Now it will fit all my rods.  ;D  ;D  CCRC Lives!

philaroman

which CCRC  ???  top 10 don't fit context   :-\
https://www.allacronyms.com/CCRC

RowdyW

I just sent it for validation.  :D  Do we have to elect officers?  :D

Wompus Cat

[/quote] 
by  WOMPUS CAT
I hate to see you cut out on the Reel as it will leave just me and PacRat in the  Cheapo Chino Reelo Clubo  :(
[/quote]

Quote from: RowdyW on July 03, 2021, 12:26:17 PM
Well I'm now a lifetime member of the Cheapo Chino Reelo Clubo.  I ground down the feet on the stand with a grinding wheel in my battery power drill. I used a Tiburon foot for a pattern. Now it will fit all my rods.  ;D  ;D  CCRC Lives!

Actually CCRC is a Division of

PFRAPGPC

PRETTY FISHING REELS AND PRETTY GIRLY PICTURES CLUB

Quote from: RowdyW on July 03, 2021, 01:13:29 PM
I just sent it for validation.  :D  Do we have to elect officers?  :D

Well since PacRat got his Reel First and You got yours Second and I got mine last then it would only be fitting to have PacRat  as President
Rowdy as Vice President
and I would be honored to serve as
Seargent of Arms in Charge of The BOOZE

These positions would be LIFETIME APPOINTMENTS

RowdyW

Quote from: Wompus Cat on July 03, 2021, 02:02:55 PM
by  WOMPUS CAT
I hate to see you cut out on the Reel as it will leave just me and PacRat in the  Cheapo Chino Reelo Clubo  :(
[/quote]

Quote from: RowdyW on July 03, 2021, 12:26:17 PM
Well I'm now a lifetime member of the Cheapo Chino Reelo Clubo.  I ground down the feet on the stand with a grinding wheel in my battery power drill. I used a Tiburon foot for a pattern. Now it will fit all my rods.  ;D  ;D  CCRC Lives!

Actually CCRC is a Division of

PFRAPGPC

PRETTY FISHING REELS AND PRETTY GIRLY PICTURES CLUB

Quote from: RowdyW on July 03, 2021, 01:13:29 PM
I just sent it for validation.  :D  Do we have to elect officers?  :D

Well since PacRat got his Reel First and You got yours Second and I got mine last then it would only be fitting to have PacRat  as President
Rowdy as Vice President
and I would be honored to serve as
Seargent of Arms in Charge of The BOOZE

These positions would be LIFETIME APPOINTMENTS

[/quote] How about CoCoRoCo & we still need a seceratary & I ain't wearing no skirt.  :D   Aye on the booze

PacRat

I second the motion. Pour the booze.