EatMyTackle H346

Started by PacRat, June 16, 2021, 10:50:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PacRat

Newell handles fit. Alan T's stainless steel Newell Handles fit also...so I would presume The Pro Challenger Newell handles fit also.
-Mike

PacRat

Quote from: RowdyW on June 27, 2021, 07:22:00 PM
Cat, any chance a Newell handle arm might fit? I don't have any Newells to try. Across the flats is .249" (1/4") & the length of the rounded end is .340" .

I measured a Newell handle ID at 0.257" across the flats and 0.399" at the rounded end. So any Newell or Newell pattern aftermarket handle should fit with a little slop to spare.

-Mike

RowdyW

Thanks Mike, I'd like an aluminum handle to keep the weight down but BP is out of them.     Rudy

RowdyW

I got an email this morning from EMT. The manufacturer doesn't know why those washers were omitted during assembly. They are going to send those washers to EMT who will then forward them to me (& I guess whoever else is missing them).       Rudy

RowdyW

Mike or Cat, do you have any problem mounting the reel on a rod? I have tried 6 different rods & brands but the feet on the reel is too wide & stubby. I can't believe that they say that they have been selling this reel a long time & only now they are having problems. I know I could file the feet narrower but they are still short. That shouldn't be neccessary. I sent them another email, let's see what they have to say.

Wompus Cat

Yep I had the Same problem .Their seat is a wide profile and requires a Rod Butt with same dimensions .I have mine mounted on a Daiwa  #3229 10ft Rod and the Rod Clamp  that comes with the Reel is pretty much a necessity.
I will post some pix in a bit .
If a Grass Hopper Carried a Shotgun then the Birds wouldn't MESS with Him

Wompus Cat

I noticed this on thier site in the description but you have to click on MORE to see it  but thought nuttin of it .It should say WIDER SLIDING RINGS (another interpretationanal BOO BOO me thinks !

Triple thruster brake pads inside a drum brake system
    Mono Line Capacity: 30lb/460yds
    Neoprene reel cover included

Do note the reel tabs will only fit "sliding ring" reel seats. 
2 YEAR WARRANTY AGAINST MANUFACTURING DEFECTS, THE LONGEST IN THE INDUSTRY.

They also Sell Rods ! Gimmick ? or  Coinkydink ?

Wompus Cat

The width of a Common Surf /Casting  Reel Slider thingy is @.58in/14.8 mm and the Daiwa 3229 that will receive the EATMYTACKLE Reel we bought is @.73in /18.3mm if that helps when looking for a suitable Rod.

I corrected the units of measure above .It was EARLY this morn  ::)

RowdyW

I've got over 35 conventional rods and I won't buy a special rod just for this reel. I even tried it on my 200# rod for my 16/0 & it didn't fit that either. It won't fit my 6/0 Senator rod either. I'd say it is up to the seller to provide a reel that will fit a majority of rods. I'm waiting to see what EMT has to say. It won't even fit on my manual line winder.

Wompus Cat

Quote from: RowdyW on June 30, 2021, 11:26:31 AM
I've got over 35 conventional rods and I won't buy a special rod just for this reel. I even tried it on my 200# rod for my 16/0 & it didn't fit that either. It won't fit my 6/0 Senator rod either. I'd say it is up to the seller to provide a reel that will fit a majority of rods. I'm waiting to see what EMT has to say.

I hear you Brother . I just got LUCKY to have a Rod in my Stash and it is a bit misleading if you read the Description as it  DOES say you need Rods with Sliding Rings which in Theory will suffice but in Reality it needs to say You Need a Rod with .72.in/ 18.3mm width Rings/HOOD'S to fit our Stubby Footed Reel .
I am going throgh some of my old Montague Rods that I have some OCEAN CITY Squared off Feet Reels on to see if they will work and IF they will you are welcome to one of them .
This is certainly been a Larning x-perisense huh?

Like to hear From MIKE on his .

RowdyW

I'm beginning to hear an echo from Keith as to what he said about EMT.

philaroman

well, IT WAS IN THE NAME!!!
just a different/idiomatic definition of "eat" -- as in, absorb/write-off an expense
you buy their reel; realize it doesn't fit your rods; gotta' eat the reel   :'( :'( :'(

Wompus Cat

Ok,  got into the Cobwebs in my Garage  just now here at Home and Dug out some Old South Bend
( KWIK STIX) Model 1576A Saltwater 2piece Rods and The EATMYTACKLE REEL fits Fine and Dandy.
I think Wallyworld still carry's this line and you should be able to pick up one for 30 bux or Less. I paid around 15 bux 20 or so years ago .
These Rods have Wider HOODS on them to Accommodate all kinds of configuration of Spinning,Conventional,Surf,Closed Face ,Open Faced,Left Hand,Right Hand ,Ambidextrose ;D,
or Small winches you can come with .

Problema Risolto!

RowdyW

I'm waiting for an answer from EMT. If they can't resolve this I'll ask for a refund. If that won't work I'll fill a greivence with ebay & paypal. It isn't worth my time & effort.  I can just use one of my 112H's. Out of the box it's 10X their reel. It will last through many generations. This EMT reel will be lucky to last past my next birthday. And parts, FAI.

RowdyW

I just heard back from EMT. They don't have any replacement bases. They will take a return. I'm just debating whether to file the foot narrower or return it. I see that parts availability is going to be a problem even with a new reel.