Florida Adventures

Started by JasonGotaProblem, September 20, 2021, 12:28:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crab Pot

Nice!

Glad it found a good home.

That's probably the first time it's been used in many years. 
Buy it nice or buy it twice.

Benni3

Should I put spicks on my hood full mad max,,, ;)  I'm getting difficult out looks,,,,,,,let what my future say,,,,,,, ;D

Benni3

The next

JasonGotaProblem

Any machine is a smoke machine if you use it wrong enough.

Benni3

I really love Florida,,,,, ;) and the fishing there is fantastic it is the best place on the east coast,,,,,, ;D

JasonGotaProblem

This weekend saw a slot red and another enormous ray. This time landed but not photographed. I had bryan's kit in a steel geared jigmaster with the drag cranked all the way down and he could still run. Great way to test a new rod build.

I don't find stingrays to be photo-worthy. But it was still quite a fight.

jurelometer

Redfish have to win the best dressed award for the drum family.  Nice catch.  And show some love to the mud marlin too.

Gfish

"SPIKES" should go on your wheels, Benni.😁.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

JasonGotaProblem

Forgot to post this guy. I didn't realize the state record for a sail cat was 27" this guy looked to be bigger than that. Fella was strong as an ox and about as heavy. If I realized I had a record contender I would have kept him.

Note the bigfoot-sighting level of pic quality to back up that claim. Yeah I don't think I'm convincing anyone. Oh well.

Oh, and that sunset.

JasonGotaProblem

Reviving this thread.

This weekend my company did a huge party at a hotel on st pete beach. I wasnt sure if I would get to fish but I packed a rod and grabbed a dozen shrimp on the way over. Just in case.

Well I found my moment. My son was swimming in the heated pool playing with the other kids, my daughter asleep in her stroller, and my wife curled up in a lounge chair with a book. Time to wander off.

After I grabbed my gear i only had about an hour at the water, and it was low tide. Water was about 65° and nobody was swimming. Waves were almost non-existent but the water was clear enough that i could see the structure of the bottom. So I picked a good spot from my vantage point up by the dunes. 40 minutes in, nothing but stolen bait with no noticeable action. So I take a look around and see that I missed by about 50'.

So I cast over to the "correct" spot, and within 5 seconds of having a shrimp in the water I had a fish on the line. From there it took me about 20 minutes to burn thru the rest of the shrimp, bites as soon as it touched down. 6 ladyfish landed, one close to 24" the rest around 16-20" all jumped and fought like crazy. Ladyfish are fun on light tackle.

I had no cooler, and the room didn't have a fridge or freezer, or i would have definitely kept them for future cut bait. There's no better cut bait locally. Everything loves ladyfish.

Great fun overall.

Donnyboat

Very good Jason, thanks for showing us, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

nelz