Back in the Hospital #3

Started by handi2, January 24, 2023, 07:49:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryan Young

Quote from: steelfish on April 09, 2023, 05:33:52 AMSad Day for ohana for sure, I went to a fishing trip with my family yesterday after two yeas hiatus  and thought about Keith while fishing, finding this news today is shocking.

This was supossed to be a "secret for his son" but I think I need help from other spurces now, Im working on a custom rod Keith ordered to me for his Son Lucas, Keith stopped answering my mails, phone texts and calls but he did told me what kind of rod he wanted for his Son, colors for the guide wraps and he was very specific on what he wanted for the lettering for the rod.

I read that Keith was on hospice care at home few days ago and knew why he wasnt getting back to me, at that moment I was (and still) determined to finish the rod and send it to his home as it was our agrement but now I dont know which address I need to use to send the fishing rod to.

I still need few days more to finish the custom rod but I only have the address that came in the shipping box on which he send me some penn parts I bough him recently ( he sent me some freebies there :) ), so, I can use that address or maybe someone can help to find the address of Lucas to use that one.

You fought like a MoFo amigo, now its time to rest.

Text Keith's phone. His son is likely monitoring his texts. That is how I found out that Keith had passed.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

TheReelShop

As a registered nurse, despite this being all too common, it sucks and is unfortunate. Condolences to the family..cool guy he was..

oc1

You were a good guy Keith.  R.I.P.

mo65

R.I.P. Keith...your input here was huge and will be sorely missed.
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

Shark Hunter

I met Keith Many Times. We would Chat in his workshop about reels and fishing. Just a really good honest Guy.
We lost a good one.
I'll see you on the other side my Friend,
Daron
Life is Good!

alantani

tom, i hope that you don't mind my stealing your photo.  moving this over to a different section...... :'(
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

handi2

This is Donna Keith's sister. Reading all of these comments to Keith is so heartwarming. It's amazing how many lives he touched while on this earth. He passed away peacefully and was ready. We are working through him not being with us but know he is no longer in pain, his body is whole again and he is fishing with Paul and repairing all of the disciples reels!

Thank you for all your prayers.
Donna and Luke
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

foakes

Thanks, Donna & Luke —-

Our deepest condolences during this time.

It is impossible to know or count how many folks that Keith touched with his humor, knowledge, helpfulness, and a willingness to treat everyone as a friend.

His courage and stamina were very evident, as well as an inspiration to each of us.

A good man that will never be forgotten.

Best Always,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Bill B

Donna my heart felt condolences to you and the family.  Just as Kathy (Sal's wife) you will always be part of our Ohana.  Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

alantani

donna and luke, i am not sure if anyone else will be able to make it, but i plan on attending the service.  got a flight and a hotel, even found a sushi bar.  it will be a quick trip. i arrive very late friday night and leave very early on sunday morning.  at the service, the short old scruffy looking japanese guy in the back row will be me.  i'm certain that i speak for the entire group when i say what a great guy he was and that he will be sorely missed.  our deepest sympathies.  alan
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Bryan Young

Donna and Luke,

My deepest condolences. Keith will be missed. I enjoyed talking with him from time to time, comparing notes and learning of solutions. I will not be able to make it for the service physically, but will be there in spirit.

A Hui hou (til we meet again)

Bryan
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Donnyboat

Thanks Donna & Luke, unfortunately, I  never had a chance to meet him, me being on  the other side of the world, in Western Australia, but what a really nice person he was, always very helpful, to us all, keep well, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

Hardy Boy

Donna: I never met Keith but we did talk on the phone and by text. Even when he was not feeling great he always made time. My condolences to you and the family.

Todd
Todd

broadway

Well said, Bill!  Welcome to the Ohana, Donna.
Our prayers are with you and yours at this difficult time.
Warm regards,
Dom

Ron Jones

Repairing the deciles reels, that's cool.
We will keep you all in our prayers, and miss your brother until we can fish with him again.
FTC (SS) Jones, Ronald L.
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"