Back in the Hospital #3

Started by handi2, January 24, 2023, 07:49:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gobi King

To the Lord we belong, To the Lord we shall return.
Tight lines my friend, in this life and the next.
Shibs - aka The Gobi King
Fichigan

nelz

Anybody know the latest news?

Bryan Young

I have not heard back from Keith for a few weeks now.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

JasonGotaProblem

Quote from: Bryan Young on April 06, 2023, 03:41:21 PMI have not heard back from Keith for a few weeks now.
I search his name + "obituary" about every other day. Nothing yet. He had stopped chemo and was on full hospice care, so I hate to say it but the odds of recovery are slim. But then again not everyone does obituaries. So it may have already happened and it just wasnt announced.

I intend to get at least one of the reels he gave me engraved in his memory, so I'd want to know the date. I'm sure it's a public record thing, I would just need to figure out where to search.
Any machine is a smoke machine if you use it wrong enough.

Benni3

If everyone can beat cancer it Keith

Bryan Young

I just received a text from Lucas this morning. Keith passed away last night. May he rest in peace. Catch a big fish in the sky buddy and say hi to all of our ohana that preceded you. You will be missed buddy.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Swami805

Sorry to hear that, rest easy Keith
Do what you can with that you have where you are

Rancanfish

I barely knew Keith but I'm going to miss that guy. He was a great presence here.
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

Hardy Boy

So sorry to hear. Tight lines my friend.

Todd
Todd

nelz

foakes

Godspeed, in the next chapter of Life, Keith —-

A life well lived with compassion, courage, generosity, and one who taught us all.

You will be missed, but not forgotten.

With condolences to your family,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Keith showed us that you can live a life full of friends and family and fishing, even while enduring more constant pain than one can imagine.  Finally at peace and pain-free, he lives on as an inspiration for us all.

JasonGotaProblem

Heaven is lucky to get you. Bunch of angels with busted reels have been patiently awaiting your arrival my friend.
Any machine is a smoke machine if you use it wrong enough.

Donnyboat

It Sucks, what a wonderful person he was, how could we ever forget this good man.cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

scrinch

Keith, you were an example to us all. We'll carry your memory with us.