Back in the Hospital #3

Started by handi2, January 24, 2023, 07:49:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

handi2

Quote from: broadway on February 14, 2023, 02:27:08 PMMy pleasure buddy... glad you put it to good use.
PS- thank you for getting my Calcutta's to purr when I couldn't. ;)
Feel good, Keith
Dom

You and one more Callcutta owner have the same super expensive digital cast control
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

steelfish

The Baja Guy

broadway

I opened the side plate and knew I was over my head. I don't know how ya did it, but ya did.
They're (calcutta TE's and DC's), so precise and the parts so small.
You're the man.
Stay well pal,
Dom

handi2

Quote from: broadway on March 01, 2023, 10:35:37 PMI opened the side plate and knew I was over my head. I don't know how ya did it, but ya did.
They're (calcutta TE's and DC's), so precise and the parts so small.
You're the man.
Stay well pal,
Dom

There were two other people that use these reels so I still have a box of wear parts for them
Gulf Breeze, FL

broadway

Keith,
   Simplifying my life.  I'm retiring all reels that I can't work on... Saltigas, Calcuttas, etc.
I have about 300 Penn Reels that I can work on... maybe I can find something to fish with. ;D
Gotta cut some fat somewhere.
Best,
Dom

Benni3

Keith so glad to see you here,,,,,,, :D not seen you on striper.com and there losted with out you,,,,,,, ;D

jgp12000

sorry to hear that Keith,I will be praying for you as well.

JasonGotaProblem

I had the privilege of meeting Keith this weekend, after making the 7 hour drive up here to the tip of the panhandle. He's a pretty cool dude and so is his son. No surprise there.

He wanted me to take most his parts, and he very generously gave me probably a majority of his collection too. It's a really weird feeling as I'm driving home (stopped now to eat). it's hard to be as excited as I should be about this truckload of super cool stuff. Given a choice in the matter I would obviously prefer he get to stick around and keep using it. But I will be eternally grateful.

It's gonna take a bit to get all this stuff organized, but my intent is to keep these parts available to the good folks of this forum, for roughly what it cost me ($0 except maybe shipping). Stay tuned for that. It's a literal truckload to organize and maybe even catalog.

Keith I'll say it again. god bless you my friend. You're a good dude.
Any machine is a smoke machine if you use it wrong enough.

handi2

Life goes on Jason and it's all good 👍

The hardest part is letting something go that you love so much. I felt like I lost another dog!

It was my happiest time working on anything that gives my mind a challenge.

I did notice that you should have brought a bigger truck!!
Gulf Breeze, FL

JasonGotaProblem

Thats a pretty strong analogy. Hopefully it helps to know that "dog" is going to a very loving home.

oldmanjoe

I am Glad to hear that Keith made you one of the custodian of his parts inventory and reel collection  .
     That is a Honor and privilege he bestow to you ..   Did he show you how to pull a rabbit out of the hat trick ? 
Grandpa`s words of wisdom......Joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack.....    use it.....
A mind is like a parachute, it only work`s  when it is open.......
The power of Observation   , It`s all about the Details ..
 Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.   Alto Mare

JasonGotaProblem

Quote from: oldmanjoe on March 06, 2023, 03:40:00 PMI am Glad to hear that Keith made you one of the custodian of his parts inventory and reel collection  .
     That is a Honor and privilege he bestow to you ..   Did he show you how to pull a rabbit out of the hat trick ? 
He made you the custodian of a bunch of reels too, you just didn't know it yet. I have a box of old mitchell and DQ spinners for you whenever the stars align enough for me to get down there again.

steelfish

just wow, speachless

Keith. you're seriously are one of a kind my amigo 

keep fishing and keep fighting compadre

:fish
The Baja Guy

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

oldmanjoe

Quote from: JasonGotaProblem on March 06, 2023, 03:43:17 PM
Quote from: oldmanjoe on March 06, 2023, 03:40:00 PMI am Glad to hear that Keith made you one of the custodian of his parts inventory and reel collection  .
He made you the custodian of a bunch of reels too, you just didn't know it yet. I have a box of old mitchell and DQ spinners for you whenever the stars align enough for me to get down there again.
:o  :o    WOW   I did not see that coming ! I am shocked for even being thought of .  I know Keith only through his postings over the years , you sir are the Ohana . God bless you . Joe
Grandpa`s words of wisdom......Joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack.....    use it.....
A mind is like a parachute, it only work`s  when it is open.......
The power of Observation   , It`s all about the Details ..
 Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.   Alto Mare