Which 113?

Started by Classtime, May 10, 2023, 03:39:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonGotaProblem

I'll trade you a black or a chromed brass spool for a red one if you get it and still have reservations about it.  8)
Any machine is a smoke machine if you use it wrong enough.

Classtime

Someone beat me to those red spooled reels. Now I'm going to see a 114H with ONE-PIECE ALUMINUM FRAME. I know I've drifted off the 113 query but I'm hoping that someone can tell me what I should inspect before I hand over my money. I've already read on here to make sure the side plate screws can back out of the aluminum frame. Anything else?

Hardy Boy

that and general function and you will be fine.

Todd
Todd

JasonGotaProblem

Word of advice from painful personal experience. If you're looking at a good deal on something uncommon, or something rare coming up for sale in general... Don't post about it here until you've sealed the deal or someone will beat you to it. I doubt its the ohana, but lots of folks read here that don't post. Including potentially the seller who now knows the value of the item.

Every single time I've ever asked a question publicly about something for sale locally its gone before i can get it. Maybe that's just me.

steelfish

Quote from: JasonGotaProblem on May 18, 2023, 09:14:10 PMEvery single time I've ever asked a question publicly about something for sale locally its gone before i can get it. Maybe that's just me.

nop, you're not the 1st person saying that
The Baja Guy

Classtime

Yep. Jason got me worried but for naught. I haven't opened it up yet but it feels fine and looks sharp for $50.
IMG_8832.jpegIMG_8833.jpegIMG_8834.jpeg   
I'll read through the pertinent threads, disassemble, clean, grease, new blue 60# Izorline from Pete's, and put it on my 550 for the fat chance at a BFT. If in the future, I feel the need for something between this and my Jigmasters, I'll revisit this thread.

Thanks ALL
Jeff

Shellbelly

Quote from: JasonGotaProblem on May 18, 2023, 09:14:10 PMDon't post about it here until you've sealed the deal or someone will beat you to it.
A good thing that happens here is once folks know what you're interested in, you're likely to get a PM letting you know something is available.  I've had this happen twice and each time resulted in getting good deals on scarce items.  Now I try to pay attention to what's going on and do the same for others.
"Little boy,  you can get glad in the same pants you just got mad in."  (My Momma)
"You shot it boy, you're gonna clean it and eat it".  (My Dad)

Benni3

Ok I got 2 built 4/0's but,,, ;) I just should have got a hxj raptor,,,,,,, ;D

JasonGotaProblem

You paid $50 for that? I'll give you $60 right now! Well done. :d

So when do we get to see pics of some of your other builds?

JasonGotaProblem

Quote from: Shellbelly on May 19, 2023, 02:35:25 AM
Quote from: JasonGotaProblem on May 18, 2023, 09:14:10 PMDon't post about it here until you've sealed the deal or someone will beat you to it.
A good thing that happens here is once folks know what you're interested in, you're likely to get a PM letting you know something is available.  I've had this happen twice and each time resulted in getting good deals on scarce items.  Now I try to pay attention to what's going on and do the same for others.
Anyone looking to get rid of a baja for a price my wife would approve of?

Keta

Depends on your wife.

I picked up the Newell 349H for a low ball stock 349H price because seller was clueless.  I was the only bidder.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Shellbelly

Quote from: Keta on May 19, 2023, 03:00:36 AMI picked up the Newell 349H for a low ball stock 349H price because seller was clueless.  I was the only bidder.
It was meant to be yours.  That's what I believe when that happens.  You can't be the only person in the world who knew what that was. 
"Little boy,  you can get glad in the same pants you just got mad in."  (My Momma)
"You shot it boy, you're gonna clean it and eat it".  (My Dad)

Keta

"Vintage Deep Sea Reel"
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Gfish

Nice 6/0 Senator, Classtime. Interesting, they use just 5 screws/side with the full frame. I'll give you $70, HA! Naw, that's a keeper. How are ball bearings?
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Classtime

I haven't opened it this 114H yet but it spins pretty good.

And I haven't done much more than clean, replace drag washers, and lubricate my other reels. There is a 5+1 Ultimate kit on my bench intended for a stock 501 but I'm afraid to put it in until I get a SS sleeve. I picked up a matched pair of HS Jigmasters for the price of their Tiburon frames but they were so well maintained that I closed 'em up as they came to me. A part of me hopes a reel or two blows up on me during next weeks 1-Day so I can play hotrodder😀