You know you're a Reel-Head when......

Started by Caranx, March 08, 2012, 08:43:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caranx

Quote from: Newell Nut on May 04, 2014, 03:21:51 PM
You are a reel head when you have so many upgrades that I had to create and excel spreadsheet to keep up with them all. ???

I did that also! I forget what's in some of them and also put dates when parts were installed.

Alto Mare

It won't help, because we keep moving along. I stopped messing with mine, I'll put them back together when we're done with upgrades. I'm wondering if we're ever going to hit a dead end :-\.

By the way, I just tested a jigmaster with a Derlin washer under the gear and one on top of the drag stack, right below a keyed washer.
That reel reeled in 20lbs smooth as silk, by turning the handle.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Tightlines667

I have a spreadsheet, recept books, emails, texts, posts, many random pages in notebooks, and even a few tagged reels to try to keep it all straight....and I consider myself to be pretty organized.  Someday I'll get my spreadsheet up to date with everything. 

I like the idea there of islolating the main gear/drag stack with those slippery Delron washers.  Not surprised to hear the reel is smoother and is not experiencing any handle binding issues at higher settings.  I can't wait to strat experimenting myself.
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

redsetta

Saw this today and thought the sentiment was spot on  ;) ;D

Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

erikpowell

bluefish69

I had one of those in 1963. It was my first car. It was Canary Yellow to match the boat.
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

Shark Hunter

Old Chevy's are like Senators. They Last Forever! ;)
Life is Good!

Alto Mare

Quote from: bluefish69 on July 18, 2014, 08:41:06 PM
I had one of those in 1963. It was my first car. It was Canary Yellow to match the boat.
Did you pull the boat with yours? I wouldn't be surprised if you did..
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Shark Hunter

I did, with my 72 Impala and you couldn't even tell it was back there! ;D
Life is Good!

alantani

my parents had a 72 impala with a blue interior.  it was a great cruiser!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

bluefish69

Quote from: Alto Mare on July 18, 2014, 10:05:53 PM
Quote from: bluefish69 on July 18, 2014, 08:41:06 PM
Did you pull the boat with yours? I wouldn't be surprised if you did..

Sal

The boat was too large to be towed by that car. The boat was 29' Jersey Skiff & she needed 3'-3 1/2' of water to float her.

Alto Mare

That most have been some boat Mike...any photos?
The good old days, when we made very little money and still able to buy toys, while the wife stayed home.

bluefish69

Not 1 picture. We fished 12 months & No Heat, just put your hands in your pockets. We had full Electronics for the time - Ship-Shore, CB, Direction Finder & a Paper Graph Depth Recorder. We were going to get the Loran A soon when Dad Passed.

jonnou

You know you are a reel head. When you get nervous when you get down to your last couple of grams of "Cals Grease". Or You are cleaning out the Shed (to repair reels in) and find a pair of broken scissors and start picturing Anti reverse dogs. It is confirmed when you return with some verniers to Measure the thickness. (damn to thin) :) ;) :D ;D

Unutt

..you fantasize that the next reel has a problem you have never seen before!
So many reels, so little time.