Tile's reel pictures

Started by Tile, May 06, 2012, 08:20:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wallacewt

Tile

The reel in the picture is a Penn International 80SW and is not mine. The picture is at a fishing tackle fair. I wouldn't own one because is way overkill for the wels catfish.

In solid fiberglass we trust

Bill B

nice stuff...really like the handles on the TLDs.
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Tile

The TLDs aren't mine they are Willibendit's.

Mooki

Hope the thread is open for posting reel pictures for just about anyone, if not I apologize - on the other hand it's just 1 measly little pic  ;D
1 reel missing in the front row of the middle pic, forgot one of my 4501CS at my parent's cabin.
Something like 40 BCs, mostly ABU. Still counting upwards...

Tile

wallacewt

hi mooki
got no idea what 50% of them are,but they're nice
are you a molly dooker.(left handed)
cheers

Mooki

Thanks Tile, I like 'em a lot but currently I prefer my 2601C Elites (sort of the NKOTB-syndrome) :)

Quote from: wallacewt on May 22, 2012, 01:06:08 AM
are you a molly dooker.(left handed)
Never heard that expression before
I'm right handed and almost exclusively reel with my left hand - have tried right handed but can't quite get my coordination to function  ;D

wallacewt

you be careful mooki
molly dookers on average die 7 years earlier than right handed people.
your looking well, ;)

Mooki

Must be due to lack of coordination...  ;D

conchydong

Didn't know whether to post here or in the Penn forum but for those of you with Internationals and wanted a topless frame, there is some good news. It seems that Tiburon must have made a batch of frames and they have them in stock.

These were hard to find for quite some time. I just converted my Cal'd 50S and my Cofe'd 30S to "topless". Still need to find some shorter screws for the 50 where the lugs are but if you already have the reels(and still love your Penns) and don't want to spend the money converting to Makairas this is an available option.

Tile

I would file the screws shorter on the 50S. A file, 2 pieces of wood and a bench vise will help you file them to the required length.

conchydong

Thanks Tile.
Filing is surely plan B. I will check my local tackle shop that has a lot of Penn Parts first to see if I can find some shorter torx head screws.
BTW I realize I screwed up and posted on your thread and not a general reel pictures thread. Must have had a brain fart. Hopefully a Moderator can move it to the appropriate place.

basto

Very nice reels! Just love a gold PENN.
DAM Quick 3001      SHIMANO Spedmaster 3   Jigging Master PE5n

Tile

I got myself a Banax Tova baitcasting reel for free because the previous owner complained about an antireverse problem. Once the reel arrived I opened her up and checked the antireverse bearing and found that it was in perfect condition. The main problem was posed by the fiber drag washers which accounted to the low drag range on this reel. The other problem was a busted handle lock screw. The reel received carbonfiber washers and Cal's grease and the problem screw was replaced and I managed to get a rod for it  :).