Tile's reel pictures

Started by Tile, May 06, 2012, 08:20:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tile

After seeing the impressive number of pictures of reels I decided to contribute.
The first one is an Abu Garcia AG Seven (the budget version of the 7000i series), the second one is the Banax OW 7300 (the one in the tutorial and now sporting carbonfiber washers lubricated with Cal's grease - thanks to Alan) and the third one is a Penn 220 GTO (this one has carbonfiber washers and got a treatment of Cal's grease on them).

In solid fiberglass we trust

Tile

The reels mounted on the rods. The blue handled ones costed me 10$ a piece from a local tackle store and the black handled one I got it from an angler in Moldova in new condition and costed me 20$.

Alto Mare

Very nice Tile, thanks for showing them. They look brand new, are you using them?

Like I already said earlier, this is great and only getting better.
Thanks Alan, for such a great idea.
C'mon guys, show some pictures, even if it's only one reel.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

wallacewt

hi tile
do you fish freshwater with em?(brown line)

Tile

They are almost brand new and are intended for freshwater usage. Around here we have some big wels catfish in the Danube and her tributaries and big carp specimens mostly in privately owned lakes.

wallacewt

they wont beat you with that gear!

john2244

Nice looking reels, you take very good care of them.
John

Tile

Some anglers especially carp anglers really shell out lots of cash for their gear. I decided to go with value oriented tackle that really lasts and most important gets the job done.

Bryan Young

I like the color combination of the rod you got in Moldova.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Tile

Thanks  :) . The 2,7m and 3m solid fiberglass rods are the standard for Danube fishing because they are affordable, well made and can take a lot of punishment, spew it right back and then some.

Tile

Now for the spinners. The larger ones are used for coarse fishing (crucian, bream and small carp) and lure fishing for pike, zander and perch (the large black and silver reel in particular). The small one is used for small river fishing (barbel, chub and other native species)

Tile

The same spinners mounted on their rods. The rod on the top is a Berkley which had a lot of problems due to misuse before being repaired and put back in working order more than 10 years ago. The center one is in my property for 15 years and has done its job on the Teleajen river catching lots of barbel. The 2-piece rod is designed for coarse fishing but it will serve as my primary lure fishing rod. It has received a solid carbonfiber tip called a blector on the inside of its tip, making the tip area stronger and less prone to breakage.

willybendit

ive a few reels  some old ABU 9000c
plus a few 6500 mag elite`s
a few shimano TLD 25`s
  two Penn GLD 50
and my last new toy a Shimano Tiagra 50 W
  and one for you lads that are into casting

and thats not the half of Em    ive loads more

wallacewt

when you come downunder willie dont forget to bring the other 1/2.
and im not talkin about your missus ;D ;D ;D ;D

willybendit

i thought there would be a catch  no one else wants the old trout  and im not leaving my pride & joys (rods & reels)  back in England   tight-lines Alain