Tile's reel pictures

Started by Tile, May 06, 2012, 08:20:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill B

That will certainly put some fish in the bag.....what are you fishing for in those parts of the world?  Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Tile

You can catch wels catfish, big carp or even specimen northern pike and everything in between :)
In solid fiberglass we trust

newport

Purchased a used Everol 6/0 for $227.50 + shipping off ebay. Even though I was thinking of buying one, particularly brand new, this one was a spur of the moment decision. Beautiful reel. It has a red drag plate, so made in the 70s? Appears to be in pretty good condition and looks better in person than in photos, so I'm pleasantly surprised about that  :). I noticed there is some grease under the reel seat, the Alan Tani way. I haven't took it apart yet, so will have pictures later. Kinda nervous about this one, though, as it is my first lever drag, and I saw redsetta's tutorial, and it is way more complicated than what I'm used to. The Shimano spinners that I took apart look like a piece of cake in comparison. I'm going to take my time on this.

Shark Hunter

Keep us posted on that Everol.
My only concern would be finding parts that are beyond repair.
Like that roller bearing and bushing.
If you need any contact info for parts. PM Me.
Daron
Life is Good!

Tile

Meet the Mandarin Crew,  three Ming Yang 7000 size reels under different brands. All of them had their pre-fishing service including carbontex drag washers.

Tile

I also got hold of my first leverdrag reel: An unused Fladen Maxximus 6/0. The original fiber drag washer was replaced with a carbontex one, the cam profile was altered to be more progressive and also the reel got 2 extra bearings for the handle shaft. The other one is the modified Chieftain.