My new handle arms.

Started by Keta, August 16, 2013, 12:40:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

turboal

I like the 2.5 very similar to the Penn arm but longer

broadway

Lee,
  That 2.5 looks a little like an ocean city handle.
I like the ones with the cut outs, and when you wanna sell some of those...I'm a buyer!
You're coming up with some cool stuff using that cad programs. Keep it up!
Thanks
Dom

Keta

Cut outs can be added, in fact I took them out on these drawings at Alberts request.

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Mandelstam

I like 'em without the cut outs!  ;D

"Fish," he said softly, aloud, "I'll stay with you until I am dead." - Santiago, Old Man And the Sea

Keta

A 30 second "change" and a few minutes talking with the cutter is all it takes once the drawing is saved.  The cutouts reduce the weight but SS  is lighter than the factory brass, and stronger.  I like holes like the 112H arm on top but they are harder to draw and the cutter charges by the number of holes and inches.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Keta

Counter balanced arm for 113H/349 reels

Mark Twain

floating doc

I like the 112H arm. How are these priced? I would like to have one.
Central Florida

Keta

Quote from: floating doc on August 20, 2013, 03:13:46 AM
I like the 112H arm. How are these priced? I would like to have one.

PM me, I'm making a cut this week.

Mark Twain

Makule

The old Pfleuger Templar reels had counter balanced handles and they seem much more "balanced" than the Senators without the counter balanced handles.  The very old Senators also had counter balanced handles, and they also felt better.

Quote from: Keta on August 19, 2013, 08:00:33 PM
Counter balanced arm for 113H/349 reels

I used to be in a constant state of improvement.  Now I'm in a constant state of renovation.

turboal

I like this new 113H/349 handle for my 349 reels. with a 1.85" knob on each end.

Mandelstam

I couldn't help myself so I did some drawings of a handle arm for my 113h. I wanted a counter weight one but not fully symmetrical. The thought was to attach counter weights in some form to the shorter arm. I really like Penn's original design so I wanted something in the spirit of that.

I like the design so far, but if you see room for improvement somewhere please speak up! If you like it feel free to PM me for the cad drawing.

I haven't decided myself on which design I will go for. Some of what Lee has ben showing are very nice!

/Karl
"Fish," he said softly, aloud, "I'll stay with you until I am dead." - Santiago, Old Man And the Sea

Keta

Nice work, I'm thinking the counter weight hole should have 2 flats like the gear sleeve hole to keep the counter weight from spinning.

Mark Twain

Mandelstam

Quote from: Keta on August 21, 2013, 02:03:13 PM
Nice work, I'm thinking the counter weight hole should have 2 flats like the gear sleeve hole to keep the counter weight from spinning.

Good point! How do you think one should attach the counter weight?

Keta

With a button head allen screw and thread lock.

Mark Twain

Mandelstam

Quote from: Keta on August 21, 2013, 02:33:18 PM
With a button head allen screw and thread lock.

And the actual weight? Just plain steel disks (washers)?