My new handle arms.

Started by Keta, August 16, 2013, 12:40:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mandelstam

Quote from: Keta on August 21, 2013, 09:49:35 PM
Quote from: Mandelstam on August 21, 2013, 04:32:55 PM

By the way, I plan to fit a kolekar handle grip to this, does anyone know the diam of the attaching shaft?

/karl

Where it goes into the arm is .312" or 7.9348 mm.

Excellent!

/K
"Fish," he said softly, aloud, "I'll stay with you until I am dead." - Santiago, Old Man And the Sea

Mandelstam

Yesterday I also sketched on a complimentary star that would go with the new handle. Lee told me that finding the right tap is problematic, but I thought I would show it anyway. I didn't have the measurements of the original star so it came out a bit larger than original.

Designing handle arms is fuun!!  ;D

/Karl
"Fish," he said softly, aloud, "I'll stay with you until I am dead." - Santiago, Old Man And the Sea

turboal

Hi Lee. i want to use this handle on that arm. that's why i want it longer.

Keta

Quote from: Alto Mare on August 16, 2013, 10:44:28 AM
Lee, that looks great!
I don't know your dimensions for the other handles, I was thinking:
4" for the Jigmaster - tip to tip, 5" for the 113H and 5 1/2" for the 114H.
They don't need to be exact, but if you get close within 1/4" +/- it would be nice.
For me, I would take all three in that design, just keep it to scale as you go down on size.

Lee, three holes on all would be nice, but I'll take whatever you come up with.

How long for the 9/0-16/0 Senators?
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Alto Mare

I wouldn't go past 6" on those. I'm thinking 2 holes would be plenty for the 6/0 and up.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Keta

Quote from: Alto Mare on August 26, 2013, 02:49:31 PM
I wouldn't go past 6" on those. I'm thinking 2 holes would be plenty for the 6/0 and up.

Done, I have 5" and 6" with 2 holes.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

turboal

Lee, here's a pic of the 16S spline handle nut. shift button in the center

broadway

Lee,
    Can you put up a final picture or drawing of the 5"+6" arms?
Thanks
Dom

Alto Mare

Very good ;). Send me one of each, along with the other good stuff.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

turboal

Lee, what happened to this arm you were going to make ? is it 113H or a 114H ?

Keta

Drawings for 112H, 113H, 114H and the larger Senators are at the cutter now.  I cut 112H and 114H last time but they were a test cut and are now on my personal 99 width Jigmaster, 114HN and 112HN reels.

Mark Twain

turboal

looking forward to a  few 113H/349 +114H arms

Three se7ens

Keta, if your software can export a PDF, that's an easy way to get true scale drawings in a format anyone can see.

Your drawings look good, and it's amazing what you can do with these waterjet machines, isn't it

Keta

Quote from: Three se7ens on August 27, 2013, 02:15:24 AM
Keta, if your software can export a PDF, that's an easy way to get true scale drawings in a format anyone can see.

Your drawings look good, and it's amazing what you can do with these waterjet machines, isn't it

Only .dxf and .jpeg

Sure is.

Mark Twain

Three se7ens

I can do the conversion for you if anyone wants true scale PDFs.  Just email me a dxf.