Custom handle knob for my Tank

Started by Mandelstam, August 26, 2013, 06:02:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mandelstam

Quote from: Makule on September 11, 2013, 04:42:58 AM
Maybe the Emcomat 145 is discontinued.  Take a look at https://www.emcomachinetools.co.uk/Home/tabid/36/List/1/Default.aspx

Emco makes good stuff for the hobbyist.  Not familiar with their larger machines.  Quality is good, as is workmanship.

Thanks, man! :)
"Fish," he said softly, aloud, "I'll stay with you until I am dead." - Santiago, Old Man And the Sea

Jerseymic

Quote from: Mandelstam on September 11, 2013, 05:23:59 AM
Quote from: Alto Mare on September 11, 2013, 03:15:29 AM
Very nice Karl...you're the man ;)
I'm glad I didn't see the sixth letter of the alphabet on that bracelet, I would have had to delete it. ;D

:) Haha, just to clear things up... That is a bracelet I bought after a friends kid got diagnosed with leukemia. It simply says: F*ck Cancer. It's sold by a charity organisation for young people with cancer. And if there is a time when you can use the F-word I think it's when addressing that cruel disease.

;)
/Karl

I agree with you on the bracelet Karl, it certainly a cruel disease, my wife has Non Hodgkin's Lymphoma, it is like living with a UXB, never knowing when it is going to explode.

Mike.

Shark Hunter

Sorry about the bracelet crack Karl. Just trying to have a little fun.
Life is Good!

Mandelstam

Quote from: Shark Hunter on September 11, 2013, 06:02:45 AM
Sorry about the bracelet crack Karl. Just trying to have a little fun.

No worries, man! :)
"Fish," he said softly, aloud, "I'll stay with you until I am dead." - Santiago, Old Man And the Sea

Mandelstam

Quote from: Jerseymic on September 11, 2013, 05:45:26 AM
I agree with you on the bracelet Karl, it certainly a cruel disease, my wife has Non Hodgkin's Lymphoma, it is like living with a UXB, never knowing when it is going to explode.

Mike.

Sorry to hear that, Mike. My mom died in cancer when I was a teenager. My dad just had to fight off prostate cancer. It's everywhere. I hope someday they will find a cure.

Alto Mare

Quote from: Mandelstam on September 11, 2013, 05:23:59 AM
Quote from: Alto Mare on September 11, 2013, 03:15:29 AM
Very nice Karl...you're the man ;)
I'm glad I didn't see the sixth letter of the alphabet on that bracelet, I would have had to delete it. ;D

:) Haha, just to clear things up... That is a bracelet I bought after a friends kid got diagnosed with leukemia. It simply says: F*ck Cancer. It's sold by a charity organisation for young people with cancer. And if there is a time when you can use the F-word I think it's when addressing that cruel disease.

;)
/Karl
Sorry Karl, had no idea.
A reminder for us to keep exploring and enjoy the small things in life....life 's too short.
Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Mandelstam

Quote from: Alto Mare on September 11, 2013, 10:24:36 AM
A reminder for us to keep exploring and enjoy the small things in life....life 's too short.
Sal

Amen

:)

saltydog

I agree, as a cancer survivor and one who has lost loved ones and friends to cancer. There are many of us on the forum who have beat it or are in the process. 8)
Remember...."The soldier above all other people prays for peace, for he
must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war!" Douglas
MacArthur

floating doc

Overall in humans, there is a 50% survival rate for cancer.
Central Florida

Jerseymic

Let us hope that one day a cure will be found.

Mike.

saltydog

How's that handle going Karl? Can't wait to see a try.
Remember...."The soldier above all other people prays for peace, for he
must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war!" Douglas
MacArthur

Mandelstam

I was down talking to a machine shop today and they said that they could fix the SS shaft and sleeve. Have ordered clay but it wasn't in stock so have to wait a bit for it...

Will keep you posted! Right now it looks like I'm going to have at least three different interchangeable handles for my tank. Can't really decide which one I like best so I'm probably going to make all three... Torpedo, Barrel and Gun grip... :P

As the 3d-printer is still acting up and I don't have the money to spend on a lathe, I'll hand sculpt each one.

/Karl