Black Pearl's gears for 500- 505 & 112H

Started by Alto Mare, October 11, 2013, 07:55:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BMITCH

So Sal, your thinking of a 5+1 for the"custom" deeper BP gears in hex? If lee could make that happen that would be awesome!
Bob
luck is the residue of design.

Alto Mare

Keep in mind we might be asking for problems on this reel, It might be great for the Tank though.
Bryan's kit is doing a very good job on the Jigmaster, I'm very happy with it.
That reminds me, I need to order a few more sets from him.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Ron Jones

5+1 will be awesome!!
We would realistically only ever use half the available drag at most. Should be really smooth.

Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

jigmaster501

Will there be any 4:1 Stainless gears coming out instead of 5:1 anytime soon?????

Black Pearl

Quote from: jigmaster501 on November 25, 2013, 11:00:58 PM
Will there be any 4:1 Stainless gears coming out instead of 5:1 anytime soon?????

It is hard to say. There are not that many people request 4:1. There is bigger market for the 5:1.

I need to be able to sell 150 set before I can make that happens.

Thanks,
--Alan

BMITCH

Alan, about the 5:1 gears....are they still on schedule for mid Dec.??

Ron Jones

Lordy,
I know I need them before the trip in June.

Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

floating doc

5:1 plus one of Lee's (Keta) custom crank arms and one of Alan's kolkar handles.
Central Florida

Ron Jones

Dont' forget Alan's sleeve and Lee's double dogs!
Ron
Ronald Jones
"

Black Pearl

Quote from: BMITCH on November 26, 2013, 08:35:11 PM
Alan, about the 5:1 gears....are they still on schedule for mid Dec.??

It is still schedule on 12/15. 

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

doc and ron, that's what i have on my not quite mini tank. not DD yet...

BMITCH

SNAPPERHEAD

Alto, I do not know if this is a repeated question but, didn you notice a change in the drag range from the lower gears than the higher gears?

BEN

Black Pearl

Ok, guys. Here is the latest update on this gear set.

I want to be honest to all you guys about this gear set. As you all know that we did not copy from other gear set. We wanted to make sure this gear set is true 5:1 gear ratio, and my resource was try to accomplish this task by making the pinion OD little smaller than the original PENN Jigmaster 500 pinion gear. By doing so, the teeth became very thin and soft, therefore, it stripped under pressure of 15lbs rolling testing.

Since this problem occurred, my resource and I will have to come up with solution to solve this problem. Therefore, I will have to push back the release date on this gear set. I want to make sure that we have a good product and keep all your guys to be happy.

I am really sorry on the above problem. If you have a set of the first 20 sets of this gear set, I will send out a replacement pinion gear when I come up with the solution.

I hope that no one will be mad at me about it. If you have any questions, please let me know.

Thanks,
--Alan

Ron Jones

Sounds good to me Alan, I apreciate the quality product. I'm sorry about the production delays, I'm sure you want to bring this to market.
Ron
Ronald Jones
"