Black Pearl's gears for 500- 505 & 112H

Started by Alto Mare, October 11, 2013, 07:55:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alto Mare

You were not late to the dance ;D, only two were made. One went back for inspection and the other is in my 501 and still working.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Black Pearl

Hi all,

I would like to give you guys an update on this project. The heat treated SS 416 pinion gear does work well with standard Jigmaster side plate, but when it uses in the Accurate sideplate, it fails because the Accurate side plate has a very low tolerant.

If I were a person who wanted to make a quick money, I would just use the heat treated pinion gear as a solution. However, I am not like that. I want to make sure my product will fit any Jigmaster/112H reel in any configuration, and work flawlessly (Yeah, even though my products are made in Taiwan).

Currently, my resource team is on Chinese New Year holiday til 2/5/2014. We will re check all the measurement between the standard side plate and the Accurate side plate. Don't worry guys because we will get it right.

By the way, there are few people purchased the first batch gear set with the bad pinion gear. I will do the following when the improved pinion is available.

1.) I will replace the gear set if the main gear needs to replace (a new design of the main gear) as well, otherwise, it will be the pinion gear only.
2.) I will include a SS bridge and dogs assembled for free. This applies to members who do not request refund only.

If you have any questions, please feel free to let me know.

Thanks,
--Alan

floating doc

I haven't used mine, so the main gear should be fine. Sadly, the bridge and dogs won't fit the 112HN that I bought the gears for :'(

However, I have a 500 that I bought for a dollar with a cracked side plate. That plate's been replaced, so...off we go! ;D
Central Florida

broschro

customer service 110percent satisfaction and some.Jam up job Alan.o

broadway

That's customer service! ... Alan, you do know I'm putting that bridge in my "collector's" jigmaster because of this ;)
I never used my sets so it'll just be pinions for me.
Thanks for taking care of this,
Dom

BMITCH

Just a pinion for me also Alan. Thanks for the update.
luck is the residue of design.

redsetta

Just caught up on this thread - makes for great reading!
Great work Alan et al.
This is what AT is all about - long may it continue!
Cheers, Justin
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

maxpowers

Thanks Alan C.  Just a Pinion gear for me.

Black Pearl

I think there is a little misunderstanding on the main gear.

I meant the following situations:

1.) if the main and pinion gears need to be redesign, I will send out a new set to those members who have purchased and not requested for any refund.

2.) If the new design does not change the main gear, then I will send out the pinion only (if a member has not used the set yet).

3.) If the gear set has been used and shredded, then I will replace a new set.

I hope this will clear everything to everybody.

If you have any questions, please let me know.

Thanks,
--Alan

broadway

Great... thanks for clarifying that, Alan.  In other words, you'll keep us posted on what to do when the time comes.
Thanks
Dom

erikpowell

Reading you loud and clear Alan... Thanks for that !

floating doc

Quote from: broadway on February 03, 2014, 06:57:12 PM
Great... thanks for clarifying that, Alan.  In other words, you'll keep us posted on what to do when the time comes.
Thanks
Dom
That makes the most sense.

Central Florida

Black Pearl

A new dogs and beefier springs sent to Sal.

Quote from: Alto Mare on February 03, 2014, 11:05:21 PM
Ok guys, I just received the newly designed dogs.
Here is a shot of the first run:

and the latest:

Those look awesome, the clicking is much sharper now....jus the way I like it.
Here is a shot of the new beefier coiled spring that I requested, on the left

Everything went back in and the reel is working nicely.

On another note, before I tore down the reel I pushed it to 26lb, just to see.
Here is a shot of the gears

I don't know what to tell you guys, these gears still look good to me, but failed in the Accurate kit with less drag :-\.
Bryan's kit also looked good after pushing it to 26lb, the only thing, I'm not crazy about the Belleville on top, for some reason the real is working much better with the spring washer from Penn, but that's not a big deal.

I hope this is of some interest, Sal

broadway

Thanks for the testing, Sal.
I'm glad to see the springs are visibly beefier, the dogs fit much better to the sleeve, and the gears held up at that high drag level.
My only question is why do you think the gears are failing on with the Accurate frame... I know the tolerances tighter, but what do you think is causing the actual failure... are they falling out of alignment for some reason?
Thanks
Dom