9/0 Frame Kit

Started by broadway, December 16, 2013, 02:16:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aiala

Quote from: Topshot on January 18, 2014, 08:01:07 PM
Aiala I almost had you one on ebay!! I lost by 50ยข lol. Winning bid was 77.00 I'll keep trying and keep my eyes open for you

Topshot, thanks, but there's one ending in ten minutes that I'm trying for, so please, don't bid it up against me!  :-\ LOL

~A~
I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

Chris Gatorfan

Get it Aiala, and you know once you get it all together you have to post some pics for us of the fish you catch with it.
Wilson's Reel Upgrades.

Aiala

Quote from: Chris Gatorfan on January 18, 2014, 08:41:33 PM
Get it Aiala, and you know once you get it all together you have to post some pics for us of the fish you catch with it.

Chris, of course; although, if things run true to form, the guy next to me on the trolling team will hook a big bull dorado, and I'll snag a rat skipjack. 

~A~

Chris Gatorfan

Well you now have Team A.T. on your side. So there is the luck change for you.
Wilson's Reel Upgrades.

Aiala

Woo-hoo, I won it for 89 bucks! (Plus CA tax & shipping, but still.) I think it'll be perfect for the new frame once I detail it. Can't wait!  :D

~A~

Bryan Young

Looks like a great deal there.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Topshot

Quote from: Aiala on January 18, 2014, 09:13:55 PM
Woo-hoo, I won it for 89 bucks! (Plus CA tax & shipping, but still.) I think it'll be perfect for the new frame once I detail it. Can't wait!  :D

~A~
Nice score!! Exactly like the one I bought. Were all going to be a bunch of happy fisherman with theses frames
Many men fish all their lives without ever realizing that it is not the fish they are after.
Michael Baughman

Chris Gatorfan

Yes we are. Now if I can just brake the ice on a Mako, Hammer Head, and a Tiger this year, It will all be worth it.
Wilson's Reel Upgrades.

Topshot

I change my mind!!! I want silver.
Many men fish all their lives without ever realizing that it is not the fish they are after.
Michael Baughman

erikpowell

Right Daron !  Nice new face by the way...  8)

I'm still interested to know how many of you are still going to use front rod brace on your new frame.

And I'm hoping maybe Tom could share with us his thoughts too on how necessary (or not) the braces will be
considering the mods & the higher drag settings we all have access to now.

I'm really curious.

Glad you won your bid Aiana !

Topshot

I know I'll be keeping the rod braces. It will just give me peace at mind. Plus I think it would look a little funny having the empty spaces between the side plate and inner ring. I mean you would have to really get close to notice it but I would still know lol
Michael Baughman

Dominick

Quote from: Topshot on January 19, 2014, 03:38:16 AM
I know I'll be keeping the rod braces. It will just give me peace at mind. Plus I think it would look a little funny having the empty spaces between the side plate and inner ring. I mean you would have to really get close to notice it but I would still know lol

Chris:  Someone on the site solved that problem by buying the braces for the Baja Special and turning them upside down.
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

erikpowell

Bula Dom, are you going to fish your 9/0 with the braces?

Dominick

Yes I just love the look.
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Cortez_Conversions

Hi all,

Yes, the inner rings are needed.

The 9/0 only uses one rod brace, and yes, it's functional. The other set of lugs are for a fighting belt harness.

The rod brace is captured by the frame in front, and the harness lugs on top are captured by the supplied new crossbar
like the original top crossbar.

I would use the rod brace especially if you are using a harness and /or modding the reel beyond spec. The clamp as well for that matter.
I will try and post some pics of the Made in USA, china, and the Accurate reels with a new frame later today.

Tom

Visit: cortezconversions.com
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.-Sal