Jigmaster 506HS Upgraded and Tanked!

Started by fIsHsTiiCkS, February 15, 2015, 06:27:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fIsHsTiiCkS

OK, Need help deciding on a handle guys! Which one?

alantani

#3.  for this size reel, i personally like counterbalanced.  
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Shark Hunter

I'm with the Boss. Number three all the way! ;)
Life is Good!

Tightlines667

And here I was gonna say number 1 arm with the number 3 handle.
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

fIsHsTiiCkS

Quote from: alantani on February 20, 2015, 06:03:45 AM

I have been leaning toward that handle as well! I like to 45mm knob on it better as well.

Quote from: Tightlines666 on February 20, 2015, 06:42:25 AM
And here I was gonna say number 1 arm with the number 3 handle.

I would think that but the Penn counterbalance handle is a bit bigger and handles the bigger knob better. I used a 24-49 handle in place of the 24-66 as it is a little beefier and slightly longer.

Alto Mare

X2
I've been going after a custom counterbalance handle for some time, it really makes a world of difference on the Jigmasters and smaller.
I've asked You, Bry Bry, Alan C. with no luck. Alan C. can get it done, but he's just too busy. I asked Adam and they are happening as early as this weekend... can't wait for those.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

fIsHsTiiCkS

Quote from: Alto Mare on February 20, 2015, 09:57:31 AM
X2
I've been going after a custom counterbalance handle for some time, it really makes a world of difference on the Jigmasters and smaller.
I've asked You, Bry Bry, Alan C. with no luck. I asked Adam and they are happening as early as this weekend... can't wait for those.

Are they modeled After the 24 66 handle And are they 316?

Bryan Young

X2
I've asked You, Bry Bry, Alan C. with no luck. Alan C. can get it done, but he's just too busy. I asked Adam and they are happening as early as this weekend... can't wait for those.
I didn't realized you had asked.  Sorry.

The difficulty with balanced handles is the "balance" of the weight with the handle...and how big of a weight you will need that will be small enough so you don't hit your hands on it nut large enough balance the handle.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Maxed Out

#1 handle arm with #3 nob.....that's my vote
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

coastal_dan

I'll be different, I like #1 and it's still counterbalanced.
Dan from Philadelphia...

Where Land Ends Life Begins...

steelfish

for showoff with fellows I would get #3
but for practical purposes #1 have my vote, really nice and it wont show the boat rash as easily as #3
The Baja Guy

fIsHsTiiCkS

Okay, thanks for the input guys! It looks like #3 is the winner and I agree it is the best one! This reel is become easily one of my favorites and cant wait to get it on the water!!

Quote from: Bryan Young on February 20, 2015, 03:52:34 PM
X2
I didn't realized you had asked.  Sorry.

The difficulty with balanced handles is the "balance" of the weight with the handle...and how big of a weight you will need that will be small enough so you don't hit your hands on it nut large enough balance the handle.

I agree Bryan and that is why I used the 24-49 handle for the larger knob.

Alto Mare

I gave these a try on the water last season and the 24-49 didn't feel good at all, too long. The 24-155 felt perfect on the Surfmaster and similar size reels,  the 24-66 felt great on the Jigmasters.
No need to get perfect with the balance, anything would feel better that the standard handles.
I'm cutting down on spinners for the boat, I'm really enjoying the 155 size reels .
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Shark Hunter

Shhh! They are getting harder to find since you are buying them all up!
Life is Good!