113h/114h senator - short version

Started by alantani, January 25, 2009, 01:57:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shark Hunter

The kit part number is 6-114HSP. You are Welcome coralsea, and Welcome! ;D
Life is Good!

coralsea

Hello,
I have a question: How one can determine when its time to replace carbon or graphite washers with the new ones?
no pain-no gain

Shark Hunter

When they get glazed over, and become slick. The texture of the carbon fiber give it the bite that is needed for a stronger drag.
Life is Good!

coralsea

no pain-no gain

coralsea

I tested the drag washers on my 114H reel today. They holded 17 kg (37,4lbs) and could hold even more..load ( i just pulled the line out)
The numbers mentioned are Ok or i did smth. wrong?
no pain-no gain

Shark Hunter

That numbers seems kind of high. the drag should be tested with the reel mounted to a rod and the rod bent to give you more of an accurate result. I'd say you are good with those numbers. If the drags are dry, it will give you higher numbers as well. We use Cal's drag grease.
Life is Good!

coralsea

no pain-no gain

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

coralsea

no pain-no gain

otghoyt

I don't know whom may be monitoring this thread for new questions....so here's hoping. 

Is there a Newell, aluminum, reel seat available for replacing the stocker on a 8 hole, 114H?   I really don't want to full frame it $$$$$.  I'd appreciate the model number so I can chase it up on line.

I got a 114H on an old Seeker lifter rod with a car door mangled tip as trade for some work on another fella's gear.  It's working out to be a fairly custom reel on the cheaps.  I double dogged it because it was just 2 e-z to do (thanks guys) and carbon fibered the drag discs.  I scrounged some 114H2 aluminum bars and a brand new aluminum spool for 40 bucks off a guy here on the forum.  So now it's time to do something about  the reel seat which has some wrinkled up chrome.

Thanks mucho,

WOTHoyt

maxpowers

Charkbait has the 114 tib topless frame (T4) for $60 I think.  Might as well tib it up and make it a nice reel for killing the anticipated 100+ lbs BFT for the upcoming season.

DaBigOno

I believe the Penn 114H requires a T60 frame which might be a bit more.
Ua Mau ke Ea o ka Aina i ka Pono

Ron Jones

I know that Newell made a Black Marlin Special (wide version of a 114,) but I haven't seen one for a regular 114. If he did and you find it please post pics, I'm nits about Newelled Penns and that would be something to see.
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

maxpowers

My bad.  I kept thinking that was a 113 4/0 for some reason.

otghoyt

I have been pounding the net for any cross references that would lead me to a stock replacement piece.  I get a sniff here and there but they are all dead end leads.  The 6/0 is an island all to itself and don't get no respek!  Unless you fly kites with it.  Thought Mr. A.T. might chime in with a bit of his infinite Penn wisdom.  Ahhemm, that's your Que Alan..........