9/0 Frame Kit

Started by broadway, December 16, 2013, 02:16:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alto Mare

Yes you could buddy, and it would do just fine afterward. I also rather drill the plate holes a little more instead of forcing the screw. Two holes tuned up, one on each side is all that it needs.
Keep in mind, that frame would do just fine without that screw, it is a much stronger reel now.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Shark Hunter

I know its not the proper way Doc, but since you want to use a bushing reel. That's the way I would go.
Just use a Dremel and elongate that hole a little in the sideplate. No one will ever know. ;)
Life is Good!

floating doc

I thought about drilling the side plate; I'm too much of a perfectionist, especially for something like this. I only paid $20 for this reel, and I hope to recoup some of the cost of another reel by selling this one.
Central Florida

Shark Hunter

I thought you would say that. :D
20 Bucks! :o I'll give you $40 and do the mod myself. ;)
Life is Good!

Chris Gatorfan

Well Guys I put the frame to work on a nice 6 foot Bull shark last night at Chicken Bone Beach. It performed flawlessly. I will have a full reort and pics posted soon.
Wilson's Reel Upgrades.

Shark Hunter

Can't wait to see them Chris!
Life is Good!

Aiala

Quote from: broadway on June 06, 2014, 03:49:48 AM
Hope you guys and gals nail a monster, like Erik, so you can really appreciate its beauty.
Thanks, Dom

Even if I never catch so much as a minnow, I will appreciate the beauty of these reels for all my days.

"And behold, then Dom/Tom didst labour mightily and brought forth... twins!"   :D

~A~
I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

Dominick

Quote from: Shark Hunter on June 07, 2014, 10:17:29 AM
Quote from: Dominick on June 05, 2014, 10:57:22 PM
Quote from: Shark Hunter on June 05, 2014, 10:50:08 PM
Two, but I actually sold one of them to Fishhead. There is only one still out there and He is about to make good on it. ;)
Yeah yeah, the check is in the mail.  I hate guys like that.  Dominick
The one that was still out there made it back today Dominick! ;D
Patience My Man! ;)
Glad that chapter is over.  Is it black or silver?  Who owns it?  Is it available?  BTW I acquired a fairly new 10/0.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

floating doc

Quote from: Dominick on June 08, 2014, 08:31:35 PM
Quote from: Shark Hunter on June 07, 2014, 10:17:29 AM
Quote from: Dominick on June 05, 2014, 10:57:22 PM
Quote from: Shark Hunter on June 05, 2014, 10:50:08 PM
Two, but I actually sold one of them to Fishhead. There is only one still out there and He is about to make good on it. ;)
Yeah yeah, the check is in the mail.  I hate guys like that.  Dominick
The one that was still out there made it back today Dominick! ;D
Patience My Man! ;)
Glad that chapter is over.  Is it black or silver?  Who owns it?  Is it available?  BTW I acquired a fairly new 10/0.  Dominick

Yeah, I've been wondering all of these same questions. I wanted another, but I can't justify the expense.

Someone posted here recently to ask if there was any left.
Central Florida

Alto Mare

Quote from: Aiala on June 08, 2014, 07:48:04 PM
Quote from: broadway on June 06, 2014, 03:49:48 AM
Hope you guys and gals nail a monster, like Erik, so you can really appreciate its beauty.
Thanks, Dom

Even if I never catch so much as a minnow, I will appreciate the beauty of these reels for all my days.

"And behold, then Dom/Tom didst labour mightily and brought forth... twins!"   :D

~A~

Aiala, those look very nice, thanks for sharing. ;)
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Shark Hunter

Just to clear the air. The final one that made it Back was from Bunnlevel. The poor guy couldn't pay for it, so he sent it back. There are no frames left for sale. Lets see that 10/0 Dominick! ;)
Life is Good!

Alto Mare

I often wondered where that kid got to, is he doing ok?

floating doc

All gone.  :-[

I originally ordered a silver, then saw how beautiful the black frames look. I almost ordered a black frame too.
Central Florida

Shark Hunter

Quote from: Alto Mare on June 09, 2014, 09:45:06 AM
I often wondered where that kid got to, is he doing ok?
He is doing alright as far as I know Sal. He did the right thing. That's what really matters.
Life is Good!