Stainless steel drag stars

Started by Three se7ens, March 05, 2014, 12:00:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Jones

Aesthetically I like the middle one. Dom, why do you not like material in the middle.
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Alto Mare

Quote from: noyb72 on March 05, 2014, 08:12:39 PM
Aesthetically I like the middle one. Dom, why do you not like material in the middle.
Ron
No Ron, that was me, stop drinking ::) ;D. I do like it better with less material, but I'm with you guys whatever you decide, as long as you go with the shape that I'm showing ;)
Check this out Penn is keyed

I'm guessing they did this so they could use it on two different reels, the 955 and 965.
It doesn't make sense to me though, it probably would have been easier and cheaper to just make another :-\
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Three se7ens

I don't know why some of the lines in the shark show up as jagged when I exported the PDF, but they are all smooth curves in the actual cad drawing.  It's shown next to keta's 3 hole handle for size comparison.

Shark Hunter

Now were talking! ;D
Who else wants one of these Bad Boys! ;) 9/0?
Life is Good!

alantani

yeesh!  i hope the anti-reverse never fails under a load.  i'd hate to see what that would do to your knuckles if it came flying backwards!   :o
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Ron Jones

Quote from: alantani on March 06, 2014, 12:19:38 AM
yeesh!  i hope the anti-reverse never fails under a load.  i'd hate to see what that would do to your knuckles if it came flying backwards!   :o
Can you say BUZZ SAW!!
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

Alto Mare

You know, that custom handle doe look cool

;)
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

Alto Mare

Its all yours my man ;),  bad enough I use a table saw and chop saw everyday.
I need my hands ;D.

Topshot

Well I want one too!! I have to stay in the cool club
Many men fish all their lives without ever realizing that it is not the fish they are after.
Michael Baughman

Shark Hunter

With one of Alan's big handles on there, I think its pretty safe. That's why I'm only using it on a 9/0. There is plenty of distance between the handle and the arm. This is mostly just for decoration, but can be used, He is making them out of 3/16" stainless.

Now there is two requirements Chris. ;)  You have to own a Tank and a Shark Handled 9/0! :D
Life is Good!

LTM

Quote from: Alto Mare on March 05, 2014, 09:52:57 PM
Quote from: noyb72 on March 05, 2014, 08:12:39 PM
Ron
No Ron, that was me, stop drinking ::) ;D. I do like it better with less material, but I'm with you guys whatever you decide, as long as you go with the shape that I'm showing ;)
Check this out Penn is keyed

I'm guessing they did this so they could use it on two different reels, the 955 and 965.
It doesn't make sense to me though, it probably would have been easier and cheaper to just make another :-\
Less material in the center will provide more leverage when needed to button down the drag; otherwise back to regular. BTW, Im in for three of the one in the picture.

Leo

Ron Jones

I don't know about the leverage, I just like the stars.
Ronald
Ronald Jones
"