Stainless steel drag stars

Started by Three se7ens, March 05, 2014, 12:00:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wascallywabit

I'll take a star for my 113h as well.

Alto Mare

Adam, the 2.5" appears to be too small for the 4/0, I'm thinking 3", what do you think?

The 2.5" does look good on smaller reels though, as jigmasters and squidders

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

LTM

Im in for (3) 4/0 stars of Sals design, 3" and thicker.

Thanx,

Leo

TechTeach

I'm in for a 113h t4nk build, let me know when you get everything dialed in and I'll send out payment.

-Bryan
"Where's that damn dog spring??????"

BMITCH

Adam, I'm with Sal on this one. The 3" would be better. Are these available? If so I'll take two. Anything in the works for the 114H? And are there any ready for the 500's?
Thanks,
Bob
luck is the residue of design.

Alto Mare

I've also been exchanging some emails with Jurelometer, here is what he suggested :

Nice for us to have more involved. Keep up your excellent work guys.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

BMITCH

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

Quote from: BMITCH on April 18, 2014, 08:49:53 AM
Adam, I'm with Sal on this one. The 3" would be better.

i think so too...

TechTeach

"Where's that damn dog spring??????"

Shark Hunter

WOW! :o I had no interest in this at first, but that looks amazing! :P
Life is Good!

Three se7ens

Quote from: BMITCH on April 18, 2014, 08:49:53 AM
Adam, I'm with Sal on this one. The 3" would be better. Are these available? If so I'll take two. Anything in the works for the 114H? And are there any ready for the 500's?
Thanks,
Bob

I have 8-9 of the thin 3" ones left, waiting to be tapped.  Despite the loose fit, neither Sal or I were able to strip the threads.  But if you run a lot of drag, I'd hold off the the correct thickness ones anyways.  I'm going to sell the rest of those off at $8 when I get another tap.  I managed to break the one I had.  Maybe the next one will fit a little better.   

Ill touch up the drawing per Sals request and cut another batch next week.

BMITCH

Thanks Adam. I'll catch up with you next week ;D

Alto Mare

Quote from: Three se7ens on April 18, 2014, 10:11:37 PM

I have 8-9 of the thin 3" ones left, waiting to be tapped.  Despite the loose fit, neither Sal or I were able to strip the threads.  But if you run a lot of drag, I'd hold off the the correct thickness ones anyways.  I'm going to sell the rest of those off at $8 when I get another tap.  I managed to break the one I had.  Maybe the next one will fit a little better.   

Ill touch up the drawing per Sals request and cut another batch next week.

Sounds good Adam, did you get the same tap as Dave? That one is spot on.

Three se7ens

I'm ordering one this weekend, but his tap was gh3 just like mine.  I think I may have just had a bad tap.  It also broke in the middle of the shank after the second hole I tapped.  The thicker material gives a far better fit on the sleeves too.

jurelometer

Quote from: Alto Mare on April 18, 2014, 09:47:51 AM
I've also been exchanging some emails with Jurelometer, here is what he suggested :

Nice for us to have more involved. Keep up your excellent work guys.

Here is what they look like in the flesh. 

I am getting better fitting threads since making a fixture  and doing all my drill/tap work on the mill

Instead of this poor abused drill press setup used on the first set:

Also,  thanks to Sal and the rest of you folks for the guidance,  feedback and testing.

Jurelometer