Stainless steel drag stars

Started by Three se7ens, March 05, 2014, 12:00:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Irish Jigger

Nice work there,like your locating fixture,very positive  8)

Alto Mare

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Three se7ens

I mentioned a while back about breaking the first tap I got for these.  Turns out, that tap was oversize anyways.  The new one I'm using now is a perfect fit, with none of the looseness of the earlier ones.

I also made a reamer to get a more accurate hole before tapping.  Machined from O1 tool steel, and hardened.  0.463" diameter gives a theoretical thread depth of 96%. 

I'll get started on another small run of these, this time cut from .135" thick 316 stainless.  

I still have 3 of the thin ones left, and ready to ship for $8 plus shipping.  They measure .105" thick, but still work fine.

erikpowell

Wow, you guys are really on to something here. Looking forward to seeing your progressions Adam.
Keep up the fine work.
I can't wait to get a few sizes for myself, you let us know when you're ready to make a few to order.  ;)

rjones

Are these stars still available?
Rob

Three se7ens

I can have more cut, but it will probably be the end of the month before they are ready to ship.  My cutter is swamped with work, and I am as well.  I'll let you know when they are back in stock.

rjones

Rob

ChileRelleno

Hmmmm... One each for my 6/0, 9/0 & 12/0?
Adam, how much were these running, & which ones are you making?
Ragnar Benson:
"Never, under any circumstances, ever become a refugee.
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."

Three se7ens

Quote from: ChileRelleno on January 10, 2015, 04:22:07 AM
Hmmmm... One each for my 6/0, 9/0 & 12/0?
Adam, how much were these running, & which ones are you making?

113H only for the time being.  All the larger sizes are buttress threads and will require a custom tap.  I just cant justify the cost of a tap to make a handful of $20 parts.  My only other option is to single point thread them in the lathe, but mine isnt setup to do that yet.

spc7669

Do you have any of these for a standard 113 with black side plates?

Three se7ens

Quote from: spc7669 on June 23, 2016, 10:37:29 PM
Do you have any of these for a standard 113 with black side plates?

I believe those use the same gear sleeve as the jigmaster and 112H, in which case I do.  But someone more familiar the 113 should be able to confirm. 

RowdyW

98-60 sleeve used in Longbeach, Jigmaster 500 & 501, 112H, 113 4/0 & others all with coarse threaded sleeve. Same star wheel fits them all.      Rudy

spc7669

I'll take one for the 113, jig master etc. Just need to know where to send the check. Thanks for making these awesome stars!

Patrick

Gfish

Can I get one for a Jigmaster 501(98-60) sleeve? If so, lemme know how ta pay via PM. Thanks.
Gfish
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

RowdyW

I think he is redoing his software for his site. You can reach him through his email.  adam@motivefab.com