Stainless steel drag stars

Started by Three se7ens, March 05, 2014, 12:00:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Three se7ens

I made a prototype drag star out of 316 stainless steel today. Overall diameter is 3", vs 2.5" for the original 113h one.  This one is tapped for the 1/2" diameter gear sleeve, I am still waiting on the tap for the smaller ones to arrive. 

Im looking for opinions on the design and size of these. I can make practically any design and size.

The second photo is comparing it to the original.

Irish Jigger

What is the thread form and size for the smaller Penn sleeve?

Topshot

Good job man! I'm a fan of the design of those aluminum ones you can buy on ebay
Many men fish all their lives without ever realizing that it is not the fish they are after.
Michael Baughman

Shark Hunter

Looks good! Get ready for the flood wall to break! ;)
Life is Good!

Three se7ens

Quote from: Irish Jigger on March 05, 2014, 12:11:20 AM
What is the thread form and size for the smaller Penn sleeve?

I'll post it after I receive the tap and confirm the size.

The 1/2" diameter gear sleeve on my 113h is 1/2-32.

BMITCH

Very cool 8) I'll take 4 for the 113h and 4for the 112h/500 fine thread! ;D
luck is the residue of design.

Alto Mare

Very nice Threese7ens.
Here is one of my favorite shapes, I wish someone could me some in the dimensions showing bellow
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Ron Jones

I'm ready to buy. What will your pricing be.
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Three se7ens

Quote from: noyb72 on March 05, 2014, 12:51:34 AM
I'm ready to buy. What will your pricing be.
Ron

I'll have the pricing info up by Thursday, I'm just looking to get a little more feedback before I cut a batch of them.

Alto Mare

Any way you could also make some as the shape I'm showing?
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Three se7ens

Quote from: Alto Mare on March 05, 2014, 01:40:18 AM
Any way you could also make some as the shape I'm showing?

First two are 2.5", and the third one is the second scaled to 3". I can scale it to 2.75" just as easily.  Like the design, or should I make changes?

I'm to open to any additional designs, and I can make as many different styles as there is interest for, including special designs.

Alto Mare

Looks good, I like the one in the middle best, it has less meat around the hole, the less there the better.

BMITCH

Quote from: Alto Mare on March 05, 2014, 02:23:24 AM
Looks good, I like the one in the middle best, it has less meat around the hole, the less there the better.

X2 ;D ;D ;D
luck is the residue of design.

Shark Hunter

I think I see a Shark handle arm in the mix. ;)
Life is Good!