Top and bottom Delrin on a 114H

Started by Alto Mare, August 18, 2014, 11:49:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alto Mare

Yes this is one of the best 114H I've ever seen ;), it will be very hard to beat when all done.
I hope Aaron doesn't mind me showing it here. I was too excited and wanted to share with  friends.
Aaron was a member here, I asked him why he doesn't show up anymore and he said he's way too busy, he will try to do so in the future when he gets caught up with his projects.
I believe he is too busy, he sends me a message a year, but they're always good ones ;D.
Last year I was trying to find a bearing to sit under the gear and I did, but it was just too thick, Aaran contacted me and said to try the Delrin. I'm thinking he is watching us...as the rest of the world does, I just wish he was here with us.
That man is a great mechanic and an inventor, we could all benefit from him, the Delrin was his idea.
We were on the same page on the washer for under the gear, that it should act as a bearing and not a friction washer.
So just yesterday I received this box that I didn't know anything about and besides that gorgeous golden frame there was a piece of the new Delrin with a note that said, try this, it's doing much better.
I sent him a message to thank him, he did mention that he only uses it under the gear, I still say that I also like it on top...we'll see if there is any difference as we move along.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

broadway

Now that is a thing of beauty! Aaron does do great work and is a huge asset to our site, but being as busy as he is the customer service is rough... I wish his creations were more readily available :-\
Were those frames ever offered to the public or here on this site? Cant believe I missed them if they were. :'(
Awesome work,
Dom

Alto Mare

Quote from: broadway on December 29, 2014, 12:26:57 AM
Now that is a thing of beauty! Aaron does do great work and is a huge asset to our site, but being as busy as he is the customer service is rough... I wish his creations were more readily available :-\
Were those frames ever offered to the public or here on this site? Cant believe I missed them if they were. :'(
Awesome work,
Dom
Dom, I don't believe these were offered to the public, his friend made a run of them a while back for personal use, Aaron took some, but I'm not sure if he has any left. I think he said he found this one in the shop, so don't believe he has anymore.
This kit will make a beast of a reel, a Super Tank ;)

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Tiddlerbasher

fIsHsTiiCkS

QuoteThey're not cheap, but considering the quantities, it isn't bad:
http://www.mcmaster.com/#2636T23

The piece shown above was sent to me from Aaron ( Reel Speed ) he wanted me to try it out, he's been using it on all of his reels that he services and swears by them.

Hey Sal, I was looking at these. I prefer the 0.020 thickness which is about 0.5mm. The delrin we have been using holds up well even in this thin form. Do you think this material will be fine? The washer you are showing in the pic im guessing is the 0.031" right?

Alto Mare

Quote from: fIsHsTiiCkS on December 29, 2014, 12:39:44 PM

Hey Sal, I was looking at these. I prefer the 0.020 thickness which is about 0.5mm. The delrin we have been using holds up well even in this thin form. Do you think this material will be fine? The washer you are showing in the pic im guessing is the 0.031" right?
Yes, the Delrin in the pic is .031". I'will be getting the .031" and the .020". Both were recommended to me. I will try the .020 first.

Sal

broschro

Thank You Sal! I'm using this material on the bottom of the gear and on top of the stack as Sal has shown us. Very very smooth! lots and lots of drag stopping power. can't wait till March.