MAGNUM 500 - PENN JIGMASTER

Started by DaBigOno, February 21, 2015, 05:56:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

broadway

That's a beauty of a reel, Al.
Clearly, you take nice care of that black beauty.
She'll last you a lifetime and you'll look good too  ;)
Thanks for sharing,
Dom

fIsHsTiiCkS

As I stated my yoke for the magnum is different then the 113h one, that you have in yours. It looks like a bored out jigmaster yoke. Its good to know the 113h one wil work though.

Bryan Young

the 113H yoke didn't work in the reel that I was putting together.  Quite possibly it has to do with the length of the jack.  The jack I was using was from a jigmaster and didn't quite have the reach to fully disengage the pinion gear from the spool.  When I installed a bored Penn 500 yoke, then it worked.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

BonitaBch

Quote from: DaBigOno on February 24, 2015, 04:25:32 PM

When my wife reads this, she's gonna "FLIP"  :o

Now that right there is funny!!
Bonita Beach, FL

David Hall

Dang now I have to find a couple of these to play with.
Oh Randy you back from fishing yet?

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Not yet David.  I will drop you a line as soon as I get home.

ez2cdave

Quote from: Vintage Offshore Tackle on May 29, 2015, 07:12:26 PM
Not yet David.  I will drop you a line as soon as I get home.

Still fishing ???

LOL !!!

Sharkin904

I've never heard of one of these, but now I want one...bad. lol, thanks for sharing!

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Quote from: Sharkin904 on December 28, 2015, 01:05:16 AM
I've never heard of one of these, but now I want one...bad. lol, thanks for sharing!

Would you like red, gold or black, and Jigmaster 500, 3/0 or 4/0?

David Hall

Oh man and Christmas is just over?

Sharkin904

I'd love a black jigmaster, but I have a feeling it's beyond my budget lol

Vintage Offshore Tackle

I have one red Jigmaster Magnum and one gold.  I am sorry to say that I do not have one in black.  The black Magnum is a mint 4/0 Lefty, but I can easily convert it back to a righty.

ez2cdave

Quote from: Vintage Offshore Tackle on December 28, 2015, 07:36:56 PM
I have one red Jigmaster Magnum and one gold.  I am sorry to say that I do not have one in black.  The black Magnum is a mint 4/0 Lefty, but I can easily convert it back to a righty.

What would that Magnum 4/0 go for ?

Vintage Offshore Tackle

The red one would go for $445.  I would have a hard time parting with the black one because it's dead mint.

steelhead_killer

I have a couple of questions about this build.  It appears that the plates and the spool are the hard part to find?  That is what makes it so costly?  Just curious!
><)))">