MAGNUM 500 - PENN JIGMASTER

Started by DaBigOno, February 21, 2015, 05:56:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Islandgypsy

For an upgraded 146 squidder(3 1/3 : 1 gears) look for a Pro Gear 255...same size as a Squidder but with 500 internals and 5:1 gears, it's a great little reel, a stock hot rod.   

Greg

David Hall

Quote from: Islandgypsy on January 22, 2016, 10:00:49 PM
For an upgraded 146 squidder(3 1/3 : 1 gears) look for a Pro Gear 255...same size as a Squidder but with 500 internals and 5:1 gears, it's a great little reel, a stock hot rod.   

Greg

I have a gold magnum squidder with the jigmaster internals already, I need to upgrade the bridge, sleeve and drag kit to fully modernize it.  Another project to get to. Just don't know if I'll ever fish it after seeing the magnum Kit (NIB) sold on eBay for 700.00 awhile back.  I may be building a series of dust collectors.

surfcaster

Nice reels, I like the red magnum. My current project is a 99 sized jigmaster (on the installment plan.)
 mostly Newell parts  5-1 gears 332 bars & stand  spool on the way. I see a drag kit in my near future.
   Semper Fi, Richie

day0ne

Quote from: David Hall on January 22, 2016, 05:08:48 PM
That narrow 99 must be even harder to find than the 500 magnum.  yours is the first one Ive heard of.

My Jigmaster Magnum is a 99 size also, only in gold. I wonder if they ever made a 501 sized Jigmaster Magnum.
David

"Lately it occurs to me: What a long, strange trip it's been." - R. Hunter

David Hall

Quote from: Bryan Young on January 22, 2016, 05:35:45 PM
That narrow 99 must be even harder to find than the 500 magnum.  yours is the first one Ive heard of.
It's the first I have ever seen of it as well.  It has a Tiburon frame, and I'm still looking for that 99 width red Accurate
frame in NOS or New like condition.

Next time you service that reel I'd sure like to know what spool is in it?

Vintage Offshore Tackle

That narrow 99 must be even harder to find than the 500 magnum.  yours is the first one Ive heard of.
It's the first I have ever seen of it as well.  It has a Tiburon frame, and I'm still looking for that 99 width red Accurate frame in NOS or New like condition.

You just found one Bryan.

Randy

David Hall

there you go Bryan, ask and you shall receive.

Bryan Young

Quote from: David Hall on January 22, 2016, 10:47:22 PM
It's the first I have ever seen of it as well.  It has a Tiburon frame, and I'm still looking for that 99 width red Accurate
frame in NOS or New like condition.

Next time you service that reel I'd sure like to know what spool is in it?

If I can find that 99 red accurate frame, that reel will get serviced.  Otherwise, it's in the safe for now.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Howbowdat?

David Hall

Yoo hoo Bryan, look up one, I think I see a red accurate 99 frame that will fit those magnum sideplates and spool.

Shark Hunter

These accurate reels will put you in the poor house.
The frames are bad enough, but when you get the full monty, you are talking some cash.
Life is Good!

David Hall

Quote from: Shark Hunter on January 23, 2016, 11:41:27 AM
These accurate reels will put you in the poor house.
The frames are bad enough, but when you get the full monty, you are talking some cash.

Yeah but they sure are purty!

Bryan Young

Wow Randy. All I want is the frame though
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Bryan, I have plenty of red Accuframes that I can put the reel back together with.  I also have one that's brand new in the box that I could be talked out of.  I need Newell #15 graphite clamps and probably a bunch of other stuff, if you would consider doing some horse trading.

Thanks,

Randy

Bryan Young

I'm not sure what I have but sure.

Bryan