MAGNUM 500 - PENN JIGMASTER

Started by DaBigOno, February 21, 2015, 05:56:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maxed Out

Quote from: David Hall on March 07, 2016, 04:53:19 PM
Quote from: theluckpusher on March 07, 2016, 02:55:39 AM
that looks like to one that was on ebay

It is.

Those are the best kind......especially when the seller doesn't know it's a magnum  ;D ;D
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

David Hall

I bid on one recently that some concerned citizen felt it was their duty to notify the seller that he was actually selling a Magnum and it was worth way more than the bids.  I didn't really appreciate that but what are you gonna do, move on to the next one.

Maxed Out

Quote from: David Hall on March 07, 2016, 09:20:32 PM
I bid on one recently that some concerned citizen felt it was their duty to notify the seller that he was actually selling a Magnum and it was worth way more than the bids.  I didn't really appreciate that but what are you gonna do, move on to the next one.

I agree David. It seems that there are a few guys on eBay that like spilling the beans and let a seller know what they "really" have. Those sleeper listings are usually from an estate sale junky and if they get $50 for a $200 reel they are happy, cause they knew no better.

Tightlines667

Quote from: Maxed Out on March 07, 2016, 09:40:49 PM
Quote from: David Hall on March 07, 2016, 09:20:32 PM

I agree David. It seems that there are a few guys on eBay that like spilling the beans and let a seller know what they "really" have. Those sleeper listings are usually from an estate sale junky and if they get $50 for a $200 reel they are happy, cause they knew no better.

Reminds me of the Perez no. 1 I found listed for ~$15 BIN.. I offered the seller $50 (to ease my conscience), and he immediately accepted.  He said it had been sitting in his garage since his father passed away.  In contrast, usually estate buyers/sellers will update there listing and sometimes the reserve, with any info you provide or ask about though, so offering more then asking is always a bit risky for the buyer.

Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

David Hall

This is my Magnum collection three jigmasters and one squidder in the lower left.

Alto Mare

Dave... you got some cool toys ;)
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Maxed Out

Wow David, that's a sweet layout of Magnums. Enough to make a grown man Jeaulous  :o :o

David Hall

I am afraid of what I have become, I only want one....................more!
they are cool though, especially when I think of all the awesome aftermarket hot rod parts supplied by members here.  stainless parts, DD bridges, Adams inserts.
all these reels will get them eventually.
Im going to go through one of the black jigmasters next, I have everything for the build except Alans DD 113 bridge.  As soon as I can get my hands on it I will go through it and post pictures, we may as well make this thread last forever after all it was Da Big Ono that started this, I saw his reel and fell in love.

DaBigOno

Quote from: David Hall on March 10, 2016, 12:02:04 AM
This is my Magnum collection three jigmasters and one squidder in the lower left.

Nice collection of Magnums!  A squidder on top of it!!
Ua Mau ke Ea o ka Aina i ka Pono

Maxed Out

Quote from: David Hall on March 10, 2016, 12:26:54 AM
I am afraid of what I have become, I only want one....................more!
they are cool though, especially when I think of all the awesome aftermarket hot rod parts supplied by members here.  stainless parts, DD bridges, Adams inserts.
all these reels will get them eventually.
Im going to go through one of the black jigmasters next, I have everything for the build except Alans DD 113 bridge.  As soon as I can get my hands on it I will go through it and post pictures, we may as well make this thread last forever after all it was Da Big Ono that started this, I saw his reel and fell in love.

You nailed it David, it's all DaBigOno's fault. I was happy with standard jiggys till I saw that black beauty that started this thread and now I'm soon to receive my 3rd magnum. It's like a good potato chip, you can't have just one !!

Don't worry Al, I won't blame you when my wife finds out about my magnum addiction  ;) ;)

Ted

thorhammer

I had basically mothballed my jigmasters and Senators when I moved from the beach until I found this site last year. I had more money before that fateful day......

David Hall

One of these days soon I have a feeling one of our hot rod technicians is going to create his own version of the magnum side plate and a whole new world of super Penns is going to open up.

thorhammer

Alan C has magnum Squidder coming this summer I believe

Maxed Out

Quote from: thorhammer on March 10, 2016, 07:11:42 PM
Alan C has magnum Squidder coming this summer I believe

I'll be waiting for Tom H and his jigmaster magnum project. Gotta start saving now !!

I'm sure I'll be in on Alans Squidders too !!

Maxed Out

Quote from: DaBigOno on March 07, 2016, 02:35:00 AM
Quote from: Max Doubt on March 06, 2016, 01:44:36 AM
I'll follow up with a pic of the mint squidder magnum I just got, but not till we see Davids magnum...

Definitely looking forward to seeing a new thread started Ted  ;)

Here's the 140 squidder magnum

No need for a new thread Al, this is mostly jigmaster internals, just a lot tighter quarters with the smaller diameter squidder plates. I think the eccentric and jack are the only remaining factory squidder parts

This one is ready to fish  ;) ;)