Main Menu

first post

Started by alantani, December 04, 2008, 06:37:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cbar45, PhillyJoe, Steve V., reelynew, Byron, Catching Nemo, DrTimD, sparksey and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

eric david and andy, welcome to Mr. Tani's neighborhood...

pavlov

Hi from Hong Kong by way of Toronto.  Been lurking, learning, enjoying.  Just getting into fishing, nice way to get away from all the stress of the big city.  Even though we're surrounded by water the fishing is not very good.  It's been over fished and gill nets being the worst culprits and they damage what little underwater habitat that remain.    Being located in the middle of Asia I get to go and fish in some great locations, Australia, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Vietnam, New Zealand...  bummer is getting the wife to go fishing on holiday so normally I'm on my own.  Don't get to go out as much as I like so have to live vicariously through you enthusiasts.  I know a lot of you guys travel to Asia and if you pass through town I'd love to catch up for a beer and hear the stories first hand.  Great place, great people!

alantani

city lights are supposed to make hong kong one of the most beautiful cities at night.  welcome!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

JoeR

Another new guy here. I love surf fishing but I'm lucky to get one week a year while on vacation. Being landlocked in the Midwest stinks but it's home.   ;)

I stumbled across this forum by accident and thought wow this is cool so I signed up. Lots to be learned here. I found two other neat forums that I wanted to join but after a few weeks there was no response and no sign up. Maybe they know me?  :o  What's that old Groucho saying " I wouldn't want to be a member of any club that would have me"  :D
I am also a rookie rod builder, have done 2 so far, nothing I'd care to share to the public, still learning. Hardest part is the waiting game at certain stages of a build and not rushing. I do service my own reels, after several years of having to tear apart cheap surf reels I got some Penn reels and found they are so much better that I will never have anything else. What I have should last forever if taken care of.

But just because we don't really need any more rods and reels that doesn't mean that we won't buy more.

Thanks for adding me to your community.

JoeR

Bryan Young

JoeR,

Welcome to our community.  I hope you will feel comfortable enough to share anything, the good, the bad, and the unknown. ;D  We all learn from each other.

Bryan
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

BMITCH

luck is the residue of design.

Mandelstam

Welcome! I'm quite new here myself, but these guys do know how to make you feel welcome. I've signed up to lots of forums óver the years but this place is special. A little piece of home.
"Fish," he said softly, aloud, "I'll stay with you until I am dead." - Santiago, Old Man And the Sea

Bryan Young

Welcome Mandelstam.  Good luck with your Okuma.  I don't believe you will need any help though.  :)
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

fishpsycho13

hey guys bit time east cost fisherman here wanted to say hi to everyone here thanks a lot bluefish69 for giving me the web site just got a computer so this is web thing is new to me good luck to all and catch them up

Cone

Welcome Pavlov, Mandelstam, JoeR and fishpsycho13. Welcome to Mr. Tani's assylum for the reely insane. Bob
"Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer's hands.)
   -    Lucius Annaeus Seneca, circa 4 BC – 65 AD

bluefish69

Welcome aboard everyone. If you like to tinker with fishing reels this is the place.

fishpsycho13  your name fits right in here.

Mike
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

Newell Nut

Welcome aboard the reel tinker shop.

Dwight the Newell Nut

Tautog

Its been a few months since I logged onto this site.  The long winter in New England had me busy.  Anyway,  I picked up a new computer and I had to re-register since my old password did not seem to work.   I have many reels to rebuild before the saltwater season gets rolling in CT. 

This site has the nicest people and attitude.

Happy Easter

Tautog (formerly JackC)

surfcaster

Welcome from New England,I'm in NH same deal used to have  richie668,
Richard Conway

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!