Mikes reel repair-doesn't answer mail

Started by hafnor, February 16, 2012, 01:41:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alantani

thor, can you post a list of the part numbers and the names of the parts that you need?  let's see what we can do for you. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

hafnor

Oh my god Alan! I owe you money! I did not see the payal request. Jesus I am SO sorry, I own you for the tsi301! I own you so much more than what you require. It is just stupid!!!!  I will pay you asap. If mikes reel repair is no good then...

this is the mail I sent to mikes reel repair. And it is what I need

for daiwa seaborg 300FB: three (idle gear A) (part# 6G503601) and one electric power cord. (part# 6F598405)

For daiwa saltiga sa 20 (daiwa saltiga with silver body, old model with star drag): a set of carbontex (carbon fibre washers) and bellevilles that goes from the handle shaft into towards the drag and main gear. I believe there is three of them...

The last item is some drag grease. I guess it is shimano drag grease or cal's, anything else is fine. This would have to be packed into a large zip bag, any price you think is fear! (this way all parts would go into a large envelope and shipping is way cheaper)

All I need from  you is a payment method! Btw. do you stock bearings for Jigging master pe reels?

This is my shipping adress.

Name: Thor Hafnor

alantani

hey, stuff happens.  not a problem.  which is kinda the point.  see, someone like dawn at smoothdrag.com has it dialed in.  this is how she makes a living.  she's been at it for a long time, she's slid by on some mistakes, kicked in the teeth other times when she didn't deserve it, but mostly just keeps on working, drama-free, through it all.  she's a smart lady and she knows what it takes to survive (and make money) for the long term.  the rest of us do this on the side, trying to get things done in between our day jobs and our family committments and the friends that are really important.

that's one of the reasons that i've taken the approach that i have.  i won't accept monies until the job is completely done and the reels or the parts have been received. the upside is that people don't feel screwed over if something is a little late.  the down side is that some bills get lost.  still, the odds are in my favor.  i will do a thousand transactions a year and have maybe a half dozen that don't get paid.  how many businesses would like to have that kind of record?

Ken_D

Mikes have a toll free 800 number in North America. Why not call and voice your concerns.  Mikes also has a forum, which you could join, and type your concerns, in the off-topic section. I could then forward that on your behalf right to Mike's, as I help out by moderating there, with technical posts, referrals, etc.

Pencils have erasers, and as far as I know, no one in life or in commerce enjoys bad press, or negative critisism.
Shite happens.  

Killerbug

Ken,

I hear you, but I do not agree.  I think simply answering peoples emails is the base of any smaller business, and obviously Mikes doesn't do that
very often.   Why bother phoning him from Europe, cost money even if he doesn't pick up.
http://forum.esoxhunt.dk
-----------------------------
They say Catch and Release fishing is a lot like golf.
You don't have to eat the ball to have a good time

Ken_D

Rodger that, was unaware that some DP's (displeased persons) were off-continent in the old world.  Folks should also be aware that they have now hired one person to exclusively deal with the 600+ (six hundred) emails they get per day, including the days they are not working, sunday monday.  So that would be over 1000 emails to wade through on tuesday !!!

Rare

Quote from: alantani on February 18, 2012, 11:20:53 PM

that's one of the reasons that i've taken the approach that i have.  i won't accept monies until the job is completely done and the reels or the parts have been received. the upside is that people don't feel screwed over if something is a little late.  the down side is that some bills get lost.  still, the odds are in my favor.  i will do a thousand transactions a year and have maybe a half dozen that don't get paid.  how many businesses would like to have that kind of record?

To tell you the truth it felt strange doing business like that for the first time. I sent Alan the new toy, Penn torque spinner 5 about a month ago (Wife thinks it's the "Penn Battle"  :-X Shhhhh) told me to send the check when I got the reel back & happy with it. I wish it could all be simple in life.... ;D

alantani

you can't trust someone that doesn't trust you......

been gone for 3 days and there were 500 e-mails, pm's and posts to go through.  it can be daunting.  

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

had a bad experience with MRR, will not buy from the again. bought some items and some were backordered. after a week or maybe 2 weeks i asked if the bearings were shipped the reply i got was "backordered duh" from CEARA. what else do i need to say or write. just poor customer relation...

broadway

Rare,

I agree with you... If everyone did business like Alan we wouldn't be outsourcing nearly as much, and we would all be more trusting/trustworthy people!
Kudos to Alan's business mentality. Last Tuesday I had to send out a money order for some reel parts (it's a business- not just a guy), I emailed him yesterday and he told me he had to wait for the money order to clear... since when do Western Union money orders? Any way thanks, Alan and all you guys that acknowledge the best customer service in the world!
Dom

alantani

guys, i know it's been tough, but i feel mike's pain.  i've gotten pretty badly behind myself.  AGAIN!!!!!  there are a couple of big orders that have been stalled for a month.  the one saving grace is that these guys have not sent me money yet.  if they had, they would be (more) ticked off and would have every right to be.  it's just really hard to keep up.   :-\

wallacewt

open your shop alan,you have got all the volunteers you will ever need.smart retired folk,sales bryan!development,keta,sal,clem etc;cashier wallacewt,trust me im an aussie.haha

alantani

then i would seriously never be able to find anything !!!!!!!!!   ;D

alantani

Quote from: wallacewt on February 29, 2012, 12:03:48 AM
open your shop alan,you have got all the volunteers you will ever need.smart retired folk,sales bryan!development,keta,sal,clem etc;cashier wallacewt,trust me im an aussie.haha

reminds me of my younger kid when she was 8 years old. she was sitting at the dining room table with the sharp scissors.  she looked me and said, "don't worry, dad, you can trust me.  i know what i'm doing.  i'm in third grade!"   ;D

zward

I've ordered parts from Mikes recently that I could not find anywhere else (some gearsets for discountinued reels - one of which they didnt even have listed in there parts catalog but added it just for my order), and although it took awhile, the gal there, Cierra, was upfront with me and said they had to order them from the factory and that it would be backordered for awhile, and would give me my money back if I'd like. These parts were for salmon fishing this summer so I was fine with waiting. Both times it took around a month but I got an e-mail as soon as they got the parts in at Mikes and had them a week later. Its not ideal but they are able to get parts that normally I couldnt get unless straight from the factory (which I tried but Okuma said no). I'll be ordering from them again here soon.

-Zane