Mikes reel repair-doesn't answer mail

Started by hafnor, February 16, 2012, 01:41:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

broadway

So, after my email yesterday I miraculously got an email from them with no explanation... it just says status- shipped.
This is my last time EVER ordering from Mike's.  It took them 8 weeks to ship out my o-rings, so let's see how long to get through customs now.
I'll keep ya posted on the situation.
Dom

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

Nuvole

I've deal with them a few times. You'll need the mentality of buying the parts and forget about your reel till parts arrive... guess its not good for those with either few reel to fish with, or do servicing job for others.... I've still a abu suveran labeled waiting for parts from MR sitting somewhere since years ago lol.

Irish Jigger

Yes Dom,it's a very poor show particularly when you had contacted Cierra.
This lady, a member here (CI Ci Coles) promised to make amends for Mike's poor service but it looks like the old status quo remains.

foakes

Hey Nuvole --

Hopefully, you have the Suveran in your possession -- there are plenty of good shops around the world that can get parts for you.

Even if you had to buy a parts reel just to get what you need --

That is a reel that needs to be back on the water -- one of the all time best in the world.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

broadway

Tom,  I was surprised to not here anything back from Cierra when she told everyone on this site that things are different and it's custom's fault.
How can it be custom's fault when it shipped today (8 weeks after I ordered)?  Cierra are you out there... ???
Daron, they just bought the horse, let's see how long she takes to gallop this way. ;)
Mark, I assure you, it's their usual practice.
Nuvole, I've forgotten about them... until I got my Amex bill and saw they charged my card. If I was a reel repair guy waiting for those parts I'd have one very unhappy customer.
Phil, that was very funny, but they didn't make it to customs yet :-\
Bry and Mike, good advice!
Now I'm going to see what a Suveran is... do I have to add it to my collection? ;D
I won't bust Mike's or Cierra chops any more.  I wanted to let everyone know that nothing has changed over at Mike's, but I will let y'all know when the o-rings arrive.
Thanks
Dom

Dominick

Dom: I have a river raft for running light rapids in the sierras. I needed an "O" ring for the air cap.  I went to our local plumbing supply and found the size I needed.  The raft manufacturer wanted $5.75 + shipping.  The plumber supply had 8 in a box for $0.98.  There are so many sizes in the shop that I bet you can find that size.  That's my story and I'm sticking to it.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

MFB

Maybe they should employ some mounties, I hear they have a reputation for being reliable. ;D

Rgds

Mark
No man can lose what he never had.
                                                   Isaac Walton

philaroman

Nah, they went with the Pony Express, 'cause they heard it went coast-to-coast in only 10 days...  but that was in 1860 & those horses are much older, now

alantani

still, guys, i know what it's like to be buried in work!  i'm on a night shift right now, ending an ugly stretch of shifts, got one and a half days off, then back at it.  for most of next week.  reel are piling up, so are parts orders, emails and pm's.  it never ends!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Irish Jigger

Buried at work Alan and you were able to ship my parts to arrive here within a week. :)
Unbelievable service  and a very big "thank you Alan" I don't know how you do it.

alantani

well, your's worked out.  taiwan's didn't arrive yet and the parts envelope to canada is lost as well.  still gotta get to my pm's and emails.  it's the end of my night shift and things have actually quieted down.  calls tonight were mostly suicide attemps, plus a couple of kids trying to get high.  gonna go home, get some sleep and hit the computer to catch up around noon. 

Shark Hunter

Keep up the good work Boss! Perfection isn't easy! ;)
Life is Good!

MFB

If you want something done, ask a busy man....

Rgds

Mark
No man can lose what he never had.
                                                   Isaac Walton

alantani

the thing we can't do is accept money and then not deliver.  that doesn't fly here.  i have one situation like that myself right now that i've got to straighten out.  a guy in iceland was supposed to fly to canada, and i shipped parts to him and they didn't get there in time.  i shipped first class to save money, but you don't get a tracking number with first class.  i'm still trying to figure out if we can get him together with his parts.  there's gotta be a way.  he already paid for his stuff. 

today i spent the day running errands for the wife instead of working on reels.  getting behinder all the time.  guys, just sayin', it can be really hard to keep up.  i get a hundred emails and pms every day.  most i just delete, lots of spam, but it takes time.  all it takes is one family emergency, or one ticked off wife, and you're suddenly a week and a thousand emails behind.  mike's done good work.  there are other sources of parts out there while he sorts things out.  let's keep trying to work with the guy and keep him in business.