Mikes reel repair-doesn't answer mail

Started by hafnor, February 16, 2012, 01:41:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shark Hunter

Alan,
You are a true Saint! I am trying to be more like you every day! You Give Joy a Kiss from me and tell her I am Keeping the Faith! ;D
Life is Good!

foakes

Hi Alan --

Words of wisdom & experience -- Thanks for the wake up.

It is too easy to get caught up in the "herd mentality" -- and forget to walk a bit in the other guy's shoes.

Too often, we are not aware of other folks challenges & the issues that they are dealing with.

At various points in our lives, all of us have faced issues ranging from family, relationships, health, kids, parents, friends, financial, organizational, business, employee, and too many others to list -- but we all get the picture.  Any one of these can throw a monkey wrench into our lives -- or even derail the train.

Over the years, I have pulled a lot of schematics from Mike's website -- and parts have been purchased. 

Parts are obtainable from many different sources -- and if we lose a couple of dollars here or there -- it is not the end of the world.  We have other sources in the meantime -- and we can cut Mike a little slack while he deals with whatever issues he is challenged with. 

I learned many years ago -- to never leave an old friend for a new one -- keep the old with the new -- and build up a set of friends and associates bound together by good reputations and good character.  If someone falls a little short -- see what we can do to help.  That is what we are here for.

Enough preaching -- it's not even Sunday yet!

Alan, I know you have Bryan and others to help you when you get swamped -- but if you ever need 20 or 30 reels serviced and repaired just to get caught up -- I'd be happy to come up, take them back to my shop, and get them back to you in a week or so.  No charge -- just a friend helping a friend -- and it would be a privilege.  It is only a quick 3.5 hour trip -- not any big deal.  Do not hesitate to ask -- it'll just get done quickly with no drama or fanfare.

All the best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

alantani

never criticize a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes.  THEN criticise him, because you're a mile away and you've got his shoes!!!   ;D
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Tightlines667

Quote from: alantani on May 02, 2014, 08:14:05 PM
never criticize a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes.  THEN criticise him, because you're a mile away and you've got his shoes!!!   ;D

Lol.
I'm gonna remember that one!
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Alto Mare

:D :D :D thanks Alan, now I have to clean my keyboard, I spilled coffee all over it ::). That was funny ;D
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Tightlines667

And always go the extra mile...
Until you release you went a mile past your destination.
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Ken_D

Quote from: alantani on May 02, 2014, 04:55:42 AM
the thing we can't do is accept money and then not deliver.  that doesn't fly here.  i have one situation like that myself right now that i've got to straighten out.  a guy in iceland was supposed to fly to canada, and i shipped parts to him and they didn't get there in time.  i shipped first class to save money, but you don't get a tracking number with first class.  i'm still trying to figure out if we can get him together with his parts.  there's gotta be a way.  he already paid for his stuff.

Actually, usps ~does~ offer a _partial_ tracking number for small packets and parcels.. 1st class international service....... that little green sticky, your USA form 2976, declaration, has a barcode on it.

You can manually record that number before you leave the wicket, or does it show up on your receipt at the post office? That barcode will track the parcel to the USA border, with the last entry saying something like parcel now leaving  the USA, now in foreign customs, or postal system.  
You goto the usps website and one of the first things visible, is the window to type in tracking numbers.

broadway

Well, it wouldn't be fair not to give a final report.  As I suspected, the package was shipped (postage label date) on 4/30/14 and I received it on May 7th, so I don't feel bad for getting on these guys one bit.
They took my order, my dough, and produced my items over 2 months later.  I love how they blame it on US Customs and the postal service when it took 7 1/2 weeks to organize my order and one week to be delivered.  Come on, we're talking o-rings here, fellas.  I'm not gonna rag on these guys any more because it just seems that's their way of doing business. I'm not a fan of it, so unless it's impossible to find elsewhere I'll be finding a new source for Daiwa parts. Also,  I never heard anything from CiCiColes (AKA Cierrra) this whole time, and if Mike's doesn't have their business down to a science by now, they won't ever figure it out.  I'm tired of being nice to people that don't deliver whether it's payment to me or products I've ordered... fair is fair!
If I ever screw someone out of something I hope I get called out on it, but that's not ever happened. Why? ...because I don't screw people or tell someone I can do something and not deliver.
Dom

Ron Jones

As it happens, I FINALLY got my reel clamp for them for my Pro Gear Pacifica. It wasn't what I thought it was, but it fits perfect just like they said it would. I'm thinking that they take a bunch of orders for a period and then send out a large shipment. Like you said, it is apparently how they do things.
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Ken_D

FWIW, they just made another hire. For phones.