Mikes reel repair-doesn't answer mail

Started by hafnor, February 16, 2012, 01:41:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

broadway

Zward,
   I'm glad to see Mike's has ONE happy customer!   I'm glad you had a good experience.... hope you have the same next time you order from them.
Dom

zward

Yeah like I said it's not ideal but for the parts I needed as long as I got them before May I'd be happy, they were the only place I could find that could order the parts from Okuma. So I'm sure I'm a little easier to please than most ;D. I was nervous on the first go round as it took about 6-7 weeks cause I ordered right before Christmas, but after they came through on that and the next order I've just accepted that its going to take a long time.. I'm honestly a little suprised at the lack of communication though, as I heard back within a day or two each time I had a question, must just be more charming than the average customer  ;D

Tight lines fellas
Zane

broadway

Hey Prince Charming,

Can you place orders for all of us, please!  ;D ;)
You should play the lotto cause you're one of a very few to get any customer service from what I've heard!
Dom

Gxnefishing

It took me 2 weeks to get an answer from mikes reel repair and a quote for about 40.00 in various parts, Then I found out they were in canada and found that the customer service was far from recomended. After lots more searching for the Daiwa parts I needed I stumbled accross "Dave's parts and service" In Holiday Florida. The service was far from outstanding! If they don't have it they will get it. They have all sorts of parts. And the return time is outstanding!

alantani

right now i'm a month behind in shipping out parts.  gotta get everything out today before roger and i leave for the fred hall show tomorrow.   :-\
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

CiCiColes

I know this thread is quite old but I would like to still address the issue. We are aware these are common statements made and I would like to provide a voice on our end. I am Cierra and I work at Mike's Reel Repair. I stumbled across this post while doing some research for parts. I would like to clarify that I had not previously seen this post when assisting Thor. I have another customer inquiring about the Seaborg and while doing research via google I stumbled across this post just now. I would like to defend myself and state that I would NEVER in my life respond to a customer with "back ordered duh". Not even when a customer is being rude does someone deserve that kind of response.

There are a total of 6 of us here and as Ken D stated, I was brought on last year to handle the flow of emails and customer updates. At times there are inquiries that can be provided immediately. There are also very many inquiries that require a lot of research on our end. Add that all together and it can take a few days to reply. There are no slow days here. We do not ever mean to ignore anyone and I am here answering emails, customer updates and phone calls daily. Am I saying our system is perfect? No. But we are fully aware of that and are continuously working on ways to improve that. Despite what is said, we really do love to go above and beyond for our customers. Sometimes an extra day to respond can mean that we're not satisfied with the current answer we can provide and we want to do a little more digging.

As for shipping, yes we are completely aware we can improve. But again, we are addressing the issue. Do take into consideration that we are at the manufacturers mercy, we have no control over factory back orders. We also send our sincerest apologies for the delay of updates. We hope to have a new system worked out for the following busy season.

If you've stumbled across this post and are looking for assistance, you can contact me at mikesreelrep@gmail.com. If you're super eager for a response, throw ATTN CIERRA in the subject line and I will get to you right away. I'm also available via the online chat all day long while the shop is open. You can also find me on our Mike's forum.

Irish Jigger

Welcome aboard Cierra.

As someone who has complained about lack of communication with your company I must say how reassuring your post has been.
I would be prepared to do business with Mike's Reel Repair again as I believe you can deliver the goods but expect my emails to be replied to within a reasonable period of time.

Killerbug

Thanks for responding, can only agree to what the Irish Jigger wrote. 
http://forum.esoxhunt.dk
-----------------------------
They say Catch and Release fishing is a lot like golf.
You don't have to eat the ball to have a good time

Keta

Welcome aboard Cierra.  It looks like you have a big job ahead of you and I hope you can "fix" things.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Dominick

Hey guys, Cierra said she would get back quickly.  Stop taking shots at her.  Give her a chance.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

kamuwela

you were lee, now only time will tell if it improves.

broadway

Dominick,
    Considering the circumstances I think Lee was very cordial and optimistic.  Evidently, Mike's has let many people in the past down with parts orders so showing a little disappointment in their system isn't bad... it will make them work harder or we'll be saying the same stuff about them as we did in the past. Best of luck to Cierra with getting things straight for us in the future.
Thanks
Dom

Alto Mare

All is cool here. Lets move on guys and let them do their thing.
Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.