Mikes reel repair-doesn't answer mail

Started by hafnor, February 16, 2012, 01:41:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keta

Yup, give Cierra a chance to correct what she now sees as a problem.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Joel.B

I am going top order some Squidder parts- will keep you all posted on how it goes.

I am forced to do business with some online vendors for hard to get vintage gun parts. SOme of these vendors know full well they are the only game in town when it comes to getting certain things- and their customer service can be quite lacking

What I have learned is that if I snoop around with all of the phone numbers and names I can get - I can usually find a nice lady that works there and with a little flirting and charm I can get what I need.

Have any of you even tried flirting with Mike? Told him he had a pretty voice?

Ken_D

Quote from: Joel.B on November 04, 2012, 06:13:31 PM
I am going top order some Squidder parts- will keep you all posted on how it goes.

Hmmmm..... Why would you want to order USA parts from a Canadian company? Have you not heard of pennparts dot com?

Joel.B

Quote from: Ken_D on November 04, 2012, 07:44:05 PM
Quote from: Joel.B on November 04, 2012, 06:13:31 PM

Hmmmm..... Why would you want to order USA parts from a Canadian company? Have you not heard of pennparts dot com?

Thanks Karl, boy am I glad you said something. I am supposed to be ordering from Scott's, not Mike's.   I get names confused easily

Ken_D

If there any Canucks reading this thread, Success Tackle on Vancouver Island, is great for Penn, if he has it in stock. Otherwise, it's the same old same old...

Penn is controlled by Purefishing, who in turn is controlled by Jarden, meaning by the time the order makes it through the new beaurocracy, clears customs, and gets to the door, it's about a month..... the same scenario Mike's faces with his orders to any company under the purefishing umbrella !!!  

Keta

I must be lucky, Pure Fishing has been good to me.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Ken_D

Quote from: Keta on November 05, 2012, 05:04:25 PM
I must be lucky, Pure Fishing has been good to me.

Well, yes, you would....You live where they do primary business.   :)   I am an alien, not an American.
Different commerce rules/ship times/customer relations apply to folks not living in the lower 48, including HI, AK, PR, and of course international destinations.

Keta

When I lived in Alaska ammo and reloading supplies were a PIA to get up to us.

Mark Twain

CiCiColes

I appreciate the follow ups and the best wishes! If I can't win everyone over that is understandable. I am happy to at least extend an apology.

Bryan Young

Hello Cierra,

Warmest welcome from a Hawaiian Boy.  Thank you for joining and providing us with a first hand understanding of your situation at Mike's Reel Repair.  We wish you and your team all the best and continued success.

Bryan
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

CiCiColes

Thank you Bryan!

A thought occurred to me that I should have mentioned. For those who order online, there is an email issued any time we update the order. The email that is issued though is a close ended email that we use only to generate a notification that the order has been updated. We ask that customers do not respond to the email but rather, log on to their online account to communicate as we do not access the close ended email. I know we have received follow ups from customers via our other email or their order stating that they had been replying to the email and couldn't understand why we didn't reply back. So we have done our best to make adjustments to avoid the confusion and even have an auto reply that is sent to notify customers that their reply will not be received. I would just like to extend a further apology to anyone who has replied in that manner and became frustrated when they did not hear from us.

Cierra

flyforfish21

I will say the shipping hasn't been extraordinary or anything, BUT, Cierra has ALWAYS taken care of any questions i had, and the last order i made, received my parts in less than a week. I've had only good experiences with Mikes.

email Cierra first, she'll take care of you.

Geoff

Zimbass

One email to Cierra, and my outstanding order of many months has shipped !!

Thanks Cierra.
Never was so much owed by so many to so few.

CiCiColes

Though I was just hoping to address the issues and offer up apologies, I truly appreciate all the kind words! I couldn't be of much help though without the rest of the Mike's team! It really is great hearing from you guys though, especially since I can recall a few of your orders :)

-Cierra

Ken_D

Should folks here wish to skid over to Mike's forum, Cierra's now a moderator in many of the sub-forums. Mike's have now set up a "parts" sub forum.  It's self-explanatory.  It's at the back of the bus. (last one on the page) Its concept: check with them first, to see if they have it in stock.  

That should halt the frustrations occurring with half-finished projects on the dining room table, the smell of solvent in the air, when parts appear to be slow in forthcoming.  If they have to order them, then it follows there will be a delay.

Sidebar: I suspect most of their trade is with the brands under the purefishing umbrella...things have slowed up (for sure to Canada) since Jarden took over purefishing.  Much of the current woes can be traced back to source, plus all the new border hassles implemented since 9-11. Many issues in the discontent category can be described as "shooting the messenger".

I am not part of Mike's business model... I just help out at the forum if I can. I buy my parts from Mikes, exchange technical discoveries, etc.