Mikes reel repair-doesn't answer mail

Started by hafnor, February 16, 2012, 01:41:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ken D. has helped me a lot on Mikes forum and always gotten to my request very fast.  Saved me a lot of grief.  I'm glad Mikes forum is there. The only thing stopping me from getting parts from them is I have an in state source which makes shipping a breeze.

whalebreath

Quote from: Ken_D on November 08, 2012, 06:19:49 PMI suspect most of their trade is with the brands under the purefishing umbrella...things have slowed up (for sure to Canada) since Jarden took over purefishing.  Much of the current woes can be traced back to source, plus all the new border hassles implemented since 9-11. Many issues in the discontent category can be described as "shooting the messenger".
Ken-I very much appreciate your knowledgeable input but I have to take issue with your assertion that the problems Mike's has had since the demise of Mike Sr have anything to do with businesses they do business with.

Again- I was a customer of Mike Sr long ago when he started the business and since his passing and the subsequent growth of the operation  present day management have proved time and time again that they lack the training/skills and desire to conduct a service business except in the loosest sense.

Horror stories abound across the net and I've been told a number of times by some New Hire that 'now that I'm here things are going to change'-well they haven't and I've been out and out lied to more times than I care to recall.

It's going to take a lot more than a few points of light on a computer screen  to convince me that this is anything more than window dressing.

Carl Z
Vancouver BC

Ken_D

as·ser·tion     /əˈsərSHən/Noun:     A confident and forceful statement of fact or belief

sus·pi·cion     /səˈspiSHən/Noun:   A feeling or thought that something is possible, likely, or true.

No worries, WB... It's free enterprise....Me, I spend around 1000-1100.00 annually with Mikes, so I have a mini-inventory and rarely need things yesterday. But that said, for folks in a hurry, well, you got something there.  As far as bearing false witness goes, Nope, I have been OK on that account.  It's unlucky you've had lemons instead of lemonade, But I've had some rough dealings with outfits on both side of the border, so I know the feeling. Cheers, KD.

CiCiColes

Hi there Carl,

If I am the new hire you're speaking of, then I apologize I did not provide a better experience. I tried to reference your previous orders to refresh my memory but see that your last order we shipped was placed in 2010. Unfortunately I did not start until late 2011 but again, if we have since spoken, my apologies I did not live up to my promise. I don't expect you to change your opinion at all, as everyone is entitled to their own. If there is anything I can do to atleast make up for your past troubles though, don't hesitate to contact me at mikesreelrep@gmail.com.

Cierra

Keta

I've never dealt with Mike's but I feel we should give Cici a chance and see if she can make things better.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

conchydong

Quote from: Keta on November 13, 2012, 06:29:18 PM
I've never dealt with Mike's but I feel we should give Cici a chance and see if she can make things better.

X2

beachbob

i haven't ordered from mike's in quite awhile, but my first order - with the good help of ken_d - went smoothly and i had the goods inside of a few weeks, which was just fine considering i'm in jersey.  it's good to hear that cici is on board to help out and i wouldn't hesitate to order from mike's again.  ymmv.

revolving spool reels and long rods ~ longbows and feathered shafts ~ guitars that sing and growl

broadway

Cierra,
   I tried PM'ing you to no avail, but was wondering if you can tell me which trail I might be able to find your courier on horseback who's supposed to have my 4 o-rings (Saltiga sa30) in his satchel that I ordered on March 4th? I'm no postal expert, but does it really take 7+ weeks to send a birthday card to someone to Canada?  I know things happen with our postal service and customs, but can this happen all the time like Mike's claims? ...just asking ::)
Thanks
Dom

bluefish69

Dom

Try Causeway Tackle on L.I you might get them faster.

Mike
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

Bryan Young

Dom, try contacting Daiwa directly in Cypress, CA.  Send them a email with your order and call 8 your credit card number.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

broadway

Looks like that's what I''ll have to do, Bry.
I hate when a company charges your card and doesn't send goods.
If I don't get a response from Cierra by mid-week I'll be calling Amex to cancel my order.
I'm not convinced it takes this long to get reel parts from Canada to the US... are there any other Canadians on this site to set the record straight, eh?
Good luck if you ever order from these guys... this was my last try.
Thanks
Dom

philaroman

well, it's quite possible that your package is stuck in US Customs & some idiot is researching your o-rings, to make sure they're not bomb parts...  that still doesn't excuse your PM's being ignored -- that's just bad business

MFB

Good luck, my parts arrived eventually Cierra assured me it wasn't their usual business practice though.

http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=9969.0

Rgds

Mark

No man can lose what he never had.
                                                   Isaac Walton

broadway

It is their usual practice by the amount of complaints you see posted all over the internet.
Well, after I get the o-rings there won't be any more problems... this was my last shot with them.
Dom