Stainless Newell Gears

Started by Dawn, June 06, 2013, 02:31:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newell Nut

I fish out of Ponce Inlet. Red Snappers are quite a nuisance when you can't keep them and they eat like lions. I went Friday and couldn't keep the reds off my hook long enough to catch the mangroves that I was fishing for. Lot of fun though.

floating doc

I know Ponce; I live in Volusia county.
Central Florida

broschro

Quote from: Newell Nut on August 14, 2013, 08:21:19 AM
Sal

The season has been closed for 5 years so we have to vent and throw back. The numbers are rapidly increasing and the sizes are really nice. The Feds are giving us Aug 23, 24 and 25 and no size limit this year but they are usually 20 to 40 lb. They gave us 2 weekends last September.

I am booked already for a trip on the 25th for a 12 hr trip. I am doing a commercial Mangrove Snapper trip Friday and that is one you should do with me sometime for Real REEL fun.

Dwight
I plan on going Thursday night or Friday night .mango in the dark snappers in the sun.im right up the road from u in Saint Augustine. Would love to come down and fish the port sometime  ;D

Newell Nut

You will have sore arms after the night trip. The night trips are a lot of fun for Mangos.

broschro

will these work in my 505? if so r they Stronger

Ron Jones

Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

broschro

Dawn

These Newell gears do NOT work in the 505.

Dawn
Dawn

Alto Mare

Dawn, when you sent the gears to me I tested them In a brand new 505 and they were fine :-\. I can't double check now because I ground the top of the main gear a little, they are now in my 112H and doing great.
The only thing I've noticed is that the gears are rough at first, but do get smoother as you use them.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Bryan Young

Quote from: Dawn on August 28, 2013, 12:03:58 AM
These Newell gears do NOT work in the 505.

Dawn
Hi Dawn,

Would you please send me a set and charge it to my account.

I want to check the fitment in ProGear's 255/251 and ProGear's Pacifica 2000, and against my drag kit.

Thank you.

Bryan
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Dawn

Okay Bryan, will do.

Sal, hmmm...someone else tried the 505 and had a lot of trouble...I guess we will stay tuned on the 505 then.

Dawn
Dawn

broschro

i want some if they work in the 505

broschro

Bryan   have you cheeked to see if the gears work in the 505 ???

Black Pearl

Quote from: broschro on August 31, 2013, 01:23:14 AM
i want some if they work in the 505
Did you mean PENN JigMaster 505?