Stainless Newell Gears

Started by Dawn, June 06, 2013, 02:31:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryan Young

Sorry folks. My grandmother passed away and trying to get things in order. I'm flying out to Hawaii this morning for the funeral and burial services.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

broschro

broschro

Quote from: Bryan Young on September 12, 2013, 01:05:40 PM
Sorry folks. My grandmother passed away and trying to get things in order. I'm flying out to Hawaii this morning for the funeral and burial services.
Bryan so very sorry to hear. Have a safe trip and god bless. 

floating doc

Bryan, I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. Please accept my sympathy.
Central Florida

broschro

Dawn

These have worked not worked out, sorry for the premature hype  :'(

Stay tuned with Alan Chui

Dawn
Dawn

saltydog

Sorry for your loss Bryan.
William
Remember...."The soldier above all other people prays for peace, for he
must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war!" Douglas
MacArthur

broschro

Quote from: Dawn on October 04, 2013, 04:48:53 PM
These have worked not worked out, sorry for the premature hype  :'(

Stay tuned with Alan Chui

Dawn
if Sal says they work I want a set ;D

Newell Nut

Jamie

I have a set right down the road from you. I took that raised surface off already so that is not a worry and they are just sitting on a shelf waiting for you.

Dwight

Bryan Young

Dawn, I support your decision.  Now we need a rush on Alan Chui's Black Pearl gears please.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Newell Nut

Alan has contacted me for a reel to borrow to pattern from but he said it would be around Thanksgiving before he gets started. Who wants to vote for a gear ratio? I like the 3.6 or possibly a 4 for bottom fishing since Newell flooded the market with 5 speeds which are tough on the bottom.

We are going to start on the Newell 440 3.6 for a pattern.

broschro

Quote from: Newell Nut on October 10, 2013, 04:53:24 PM
Jamie

I have a set right down the road from you. I took that raised surface off already so that is not a worry and they are just sitting on a shelf waiting for you.

Dwight
thanks Dwight now I just need to get down there.  ;D

Bryan Young

I'd like a few sets of slower gear ratios as well.

Newell Nut

I talked with Gregg Chow (did warranty work for Newell) a while back and he said Newell went to the 3.6 because the 4 to 1 they made in the earlier P series was a very bad gear and that is when the number was like P 344M. The M was a 4 to 1.
Gregg said he never had a problem with the 3.6s so my vote is for a 3.6.

Alto Mare

4 to 1 or lower would be nice. Bryan, why don't you start a poll and see how many are interested.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.