Stainless Newell Gears

Started by Dawn, June 06, 2013, 02:31:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryan Young

I don't want to overstep into Dawn and Alan's arena.  it takes a lot of time and capital an do not want to impose on them.  If they see the want, then it becomes their business decision to do so.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Alto Mare

No Bryan, I meant post on their behalf and letting Alan bring them to us.
I respect Alan and Dawn, I would never do anything that wouldn't sit right with them.
Sal

I just realized that Alan knows how to do this on his own,  he won't need anyone to help posting a poll. The only thing, he might not want to do this yet.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

broschro

Did u test any gears getting ;D

Alto Mare

Didn't get the gears yet, my buddy shipped them using turtle express ;D. Can't blame him though, he doesn't charge for shipping and if you take in consideration how many he ships, its a nice chunk of change.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

bigcatpat

Can anyone tell me what the final consensus was on the use of these gears in a Penn 505HS?I', already waiting on some of alans gears for my Jm 500's.Sal,did you have to do any modifications when you used these gears in a JM 505.I plan on going with bryans 5 stack too.It looks like you used the 5 stack kit for the JM 500 if i'm not mistaken.Wouldn't there be fitment problems using Alans gear set for the JM 500 due to the differences in the sizes of the spool shafts.Any info will be greatly appreciated.Thanks in advance!!!! 8)
Born to roam the riverbanks.

Alto Mare

No modifications needed with Black Pearls gears, those will work just fine in the 505 and 500.
Here is some more information:
http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=8592.0

bigcatpat

Thanks Sal.I'll just wait for Alans gears.I'm not good at waiting though. :D
Born to roam the riverbanks.

Wildman

I'm just a bit late    ;)    to this party, but are Newell 3.6:1 (or similar) gears available for the 200 series?

Bryan Young

No they're not. Only 5:1 gears are being produced.  You might be able to use Penn 500/501 gears in a pinch.  I haven't tried them on the Newells yet to see if any modifications are necessary.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

bluefish69

I believe it's the Penn 506 gears are the correct ones because they are 5-1. Only problem is the main gear is Brass, I'm not sure of the pinion gear though.

Mike
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

Newell Nut

Maybe not being produced at the moment but I have P235 3.6 in my desk. I am hoping Alan Chui solves all the penn gear issues and gets started on the Newell gears next. 3.6 gears are at the top of my list

bluefish69

NN

You got my last set of 3.6-1 gears

Newell Nut

Being used on every trip in my 440.

bluefish69

NN

You could send me a Fillet

Mike

Newell Nut

I would if FedEx was not so expensive. Hope your boat gets out soon. With the current forecast Tuesday is iffy for us and Thur looks promising. All that I can do is just lift weights to prepare for the next trip when it happens.